Where's the powder?

These slumps come n go. I assume Theres lots going to .gov and I bet ol putin is buying it by the shipload as fast as he can get it as well, so we peasants get the scraps until they fill the armory up.
I basically stopped shooting a year ago. I still load some and shoot here n there, but I refuse to play this stupid game so instead of running out when I need it, I just cut the range days to minimum. I bought lots and lots when shelves were stocked, against my wife's wishes, but now she sees why. It's been like this since the 90's when I started. This is pretty bad, but the political winds will shift again. For the moment, it looks like we are stuck being treaded upon. It'll either get better...or it'll get worse. Probably worse... biden even said so.

I'm on the mail list for several distributors some of which are Natchez, Midsouth,Powder Valley In the last 8 months I have picked up 2 pounds n570 and have only once seen h1000 posted but just missed it by 10 minutes according to the time of the email. I watch my email regularly throughout the day and do call Powder Valley. I have checked with local distributors here in Fort Worth and surrounding area also Scheels. All tell me they are out? So if y'all are finding powder that's on the fairy dust list that has to be a special gift from above. I sure want to be on that list.

Just read McDonald's forecasts their costs to double in 2022 vs. 2021. I wouldnt expect any break on components until the Fed raises interest rates at least 3 times this year.

I must be doing something wrong, forgot how to search, Totally unlucky, search 5 minutes or after it's all gone or am I totally missing something, because....for the pat 90 or 120 days, checking 4 to 6 days a week...and having subscribed to alerts at Bass, Cabell, Midway, Natchez, Brownell, Imr, Nosler and others....I have not gotten one hit, None, Zilch, Nyet, Nada, Nein...Neil... IMR 4350 and Noslers ABLR 190s....not once. Btw. Looking at almost all other powders 90percent out stock

My local guy is doing better on a few….4064, 4198, 3031 and StaBall. Has a 8# 4350, but too high for me. At least it is encouraging.

Attachments

• 119BB2A3-A1F5-438B-8476-8E7D000D367D.jpeg
    119BB2A3-A1F5-438B-8476-8E7D000D367D.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 69
I nearly had a stroke when I saw Midways Berger pricing.
Of course they were out of stock.
I have a bunch of 7mm Bergers I wish I could swap for powder and primers.

My presence was conceived over 80 years ago!

I have been shooting for 65 years or so. I have been an avid shooter for the past 30 years or so and regularly bought one or a couple of bricks of a 1000 primers and 8 lb kegs of powder. I still have a few.

Read my attachment from Speer's #14 manual for a change in attitude.

You must remember they are interested in making money.

My only success the last 16-18 months is buying 22 long rifle Ammo locally.

Attachments

• FD747936-C7B6-4AAD-AFC2-0FCF4D0ACCDC.jpeg
    FD747936-C7B6-4AAD-AFC2-0FCF4D0ACCDC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61