Where to move?

I really don't have the money or resources to get a motorhome and travel right now If I don't like where I'm at I will move along but it takes a while to get a good feel of an area anyways. I have no hang ups leaving somewhere I don't like after a short period of time. I just need a place with reasonable paying available jobs so I can afford to stay for any length of time

A hundert yrs ago when young, single and in the Navy I got orders to Idaho Falls Idaho. Figger'd the Navy screwed me again.

Pulled into Pocatello some time in the night. A tumble weed was rolling down main street.

Bird hunting was great. The regs read something about "in aggregate" for the birds. Figured that anything that wasn't a pheasant was an aggregate. Pretty sweet. Then I learned about fools hens, chukars, blue and spruce and sage grouse (boomers).

Rockchucks galor, fox and yotes were regular targets.

That was in 1966. Most all of that is gone. However, if ya really wanna hunt and I mean hunt and earn your success and drive miles and miles to get a decent start it's still pretty decent.

However, keep in mind that to make a million dollars in Idaho ya gotta work a million hours.

Good luck on your quest.

My wife and I are looking to move out of Las Vegas when our son graduates high school in three years. We have found an area outside of Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs which seems nice. Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho are also very nice. The problem is, I am a lawyer and the legal market is terrible across the country. New lawyers are filling positions at $40K a year so I would have to open my own shop. Where is there enough of a market for that? NYC and LA are out of the question. I should have been a doctor.

My wife and I are looking to move out of Las Vegas when our son graduates high school in three years. We have found an area outside of Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs which seems nice. Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho are also very nice. The problem is, I am a lawyer and the legal market is terrible across the country. New lawyers are filling positions at $40K a year so I would have to open my own shop. Where is there enough of a market for that? NYC and LA are out of the question. I should have been a doctor.

I'm convinced being a pharmacist is the way to go anymore. Everyone wants drugs

How long is pharmacy school...

Not to sure I just got to thinking about it. I have a friend that works at a rite aid making 56$ and hour for filling prescriptions. Not exactly what I see myself doing but for the money that can be had and easy work(nothing physical) it sounds nice after busting my butt every day

Another nice place that I have been in S. CA. Also, they have really good red velvet cake there.

If you want oil work and are not so much into the ice box states, then there actually is quite a bit of oil field work in the CA central valley.

There must also be a massive hydrocarbon leak down by Bakersfield because it always smells on I5 like it is going to lite up.

If you didn't get an A in high school chemistry and biology, it will be really challenging to get into pharmacy school.

Go talk to the pharmacy people at rite aid and target and ask how many prescriptions they have to fill per hour with zero errors. It isn't quite as glamorous as you might imagine.

If you didn't get an A in high school chemistry and biology, it will be really challenging to get into pharmacy school.

Go talk to the pharmacy people at rite aid and target and ask how many prescriptions they have to fill per hour with zero errors. It isn't quite as glamorous as you might imagine.

4.0's and higher all through school. I hate school but am good at it I'm not worried about that part at all. I also didn't say it was glamorous but there comes a point when labor intensive work just isn't what a body needs anymore. I'd rather work my brain than my muscles these days. Especially when those jobs are the ones that tend to pay higher. Still definetly not scared of a hard days work though.

FWIW, if your serious about getting a Pharmacist degree ISU (Pocatello, ID) has the program and it'd give you a feel of the area.

Sounds like you would enjoy Montana or the Dakotas. I enjoy visiting immensly but a bit remote for me to reside there. My experience in ND is that the people that enjoy ND for ND HATE the development going on the Bakken formation...met lots of western ND resident relocating to the eastern half of the sate to escape the craziness.

Forget Colorado. Overrun by CA.

Hellsfire...come to Louisiana! We hunt deer 13 months outa the year....and fish every day! Rest of the time it's beer beer beer and we swat skeeters!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.