Where have all the primers gone?

This is a "new zombie thread"! LOL Some of the primers are in my reloading room, because this has cycled through many times since the early 90's. And I will not ever be low on them since then.
I said that when I was loaded down with primers, but then I loaded for my daughter & son, my son-in-law, my grandsons, granddaughters, a few friends, etc....that supply I was never going to run out of is getting dangerously low for my liking so watch who you load for.

My LGS and local farm store both have had different primers consistently on the shelf the last two months. They are showing up, just have to be on the lookout and be willing to accept prices are not what they were 5 years ago

A web retailer has a store front in my area. A couple months back he told me at the first of the year the top manufacturers ( Fed, CCI, Winchester ) informed the community that primers would not be available for retail for the next year as all production was going to the fixed ammo producers.

I've been finding primers, but about 5x the price I paid at the start of the plandemic. Thankfully, I had an OK stockpile, but even that is starting to wear thin. I have been wanting to add a couple new calibers to my arsenal, but between the cost of powder and primers, the load work up itself is pricey!
For the time being, I'll just keep the cartridges and loads I already have and wait until primers and powder come back to a reasonable price (however long that may be). I've also quit loading for others for the same reason.

I have been wondering the same. I check multiple websites, multiple times a day for both primers and powder. Yesterday, Powder Valley had Reloder 26 in 1 lb jugs, but it only lasted a few seconds and by the time I saw it, it is already in carts and sold out. I was lucky a few months ago and found CCI BR2 primers and was able to get a brick, but had to pay $135 plus hazmat and shipping. I was also able to get 8 lbs of H1000 a few months ago but had to spend 30 minutes on a web site, checking every few seconds and waiting for someone to drop it out of their cart. I am now seriously considering re-loading my primers with EPH20 (see https://www.aardvarkreloading.com/index.html) for complete instructions on reloading primers.

My local gs has had some type of primers in stock on my last few visits. Of course it hasn't been my #1 brand choice but I purchased for future load development. Unfortunately some can't take a 25 minute trip to a store and that's probably part of the reason online sales go quickly.
Powder stock has been sporadic at best but I have enough for me at this point.

Come on, why are they are they so scarce?
See post #2 and post #17. Then throw in the however many millions new (first time ever) gun buyers in the last 2 years that need ammunition. Add the fact that our government has banned primer imports from Russia. We had the same shortages under Obummer. Understand who and what you are voting for when you go to the polls. If and when we get the right back in charge, shortages will ease some. Consider this a lesson learned and stock up.

Personally, I have to call b s on the shortage, during ot*rd regime the component companies saw how much we would pay for our past time and they learned that lesson well and we are witnessing it again IMO. I gave them the benefit of a doubt 2 years ago, but for this crap to still be going on it is the same as the plandemic, planned.
Millions of new shooters can only buy up so many new bullets and you know as well as I do most of them are not shooters, sure some fall in love with it, but most will buy just enough to shoot a few times a year if that and others just enough to hit a pie plate at 100 yds and then they're ready for deer season.
IMO this is planned, no doubt about it