remingtonman_25_06, where have you been?

Hired Gun

I see you posting here and there but nothing like you used to. I used to really enjoy your hunting stories and the pictures. You didn't break down and get a job that cuts into your yote bashing did you? Are you still varminting with the 300RUM?

Im still around, just dont post as much. Dont have the time I guess. I did get a new job, been working bout 45 hours week. I haven't been doing much shooting lately, except for this last sunday trying to find a good load with the 150g sst out of my 270. I hate load testing in the summer, I went out at 9am, and ended up leaving about 1. I only fired 20 shots in about 3.5 hours. I bought a new dirt bike, so I've been riding that a little on the weekends. I visit a couple more forums, and I like to read all the info, so it leaves little time to post. I am currently thinking about selling my 300 rum. I haven't took it yote hunting in quite a while, I've been taking my 270 lately. Anyways, guess I let ya know I'm still around.

Thanks,
I bet the wind is rippin up there this time of year. It has been terrible here. I only have a couple spots to shoot and only one is sheltered enough to do any paper work. There are no legal varmints here. We have to wait for deer season.

Be careful with the dirt bike. They are big time addictive. My last one was a new 92 CR500R. That's the one I got paralyzed on at age 27 back in 1993. That was the end of my motocross career. If there was a cure I would have a new one tomorrow. Now I wish I had went to college much sooner.

Hey Remmi, I agree, stick around and post more! I dont post much here because im still in my learnin phase. I thought I was a shooter, then I come here and get owned. Your expirements with the 300rum have pushed me in certain directions I would have missed.

On another note, a while back some guy bagged on you for your decision not to join the military. You will find in life some things you thought were mistakes end up to be blessings. Don't let it affect you. I am a proud father of five, and am in no need of approval from any military man, that having been said I fully support our troops, but sometimes independent men have to make tough decisions. I support your decision either way and would like to hear more stories and read more reload data, its my drug of choice. Have a good one and keep that powder dry.

slophish

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, a while back some guy bagged on you for your decision not to join the military.

[/ QUOTE ]

That bothered me for days! Interesting that you bring that up.

Careful on that motorbike. Seen TOO MANY people hurt and/or killed on those dang things. Rem, I think I saved the picture of your room/reloading room. I think it was you that posted it. Anyway, it's guys like you that make these sites swell places to visit. Don't hide out too much.

Clay

Hired Gun- Yah for some reason its been kinda breezy lately. Usually this late in the year its just hot, no wind. I like to shoot in the summer, dont get me wrong, I just hate load testing. Which brings me to the next thing. I go out to shoot sunday at the range and its locked. I was thinking hmmm, so I went and tracked the owner down and he said he was having to many problems with people. I was dissapointed to say the least. I have been shooting here for about 3 years. ITs a great private range, with a concrete floor, 2 concrete benches, roof, targed boards at 50,100,200,300 and I made my own lane out to 525, plus it was the base for my 1150 yard steel gong. All that it now off limits to me. I told him I always picked up trash that people left and he said thats what everyone else told him to. Oh well, he was nice enough to give me the key and go shoot for the day anyways, he showed me where to leave it in his shop when I was done, so thats what I did. Anyways, about the dirt bikes. I just bought 2 actually. I bought my wife one as well. I got a 2006 Honda CRF250F and I got her a 06 Honda CRF230. Mine is a pretty quick 250 racing 4 stroke. I've already wrecked it 3 times, but haven't done seriuos damage, yet. I dont race so I'm not to crazy. The other bike is a great mountain and trail bike. Those CR500's are wicked fast. Probly good reason they stoped making them a couple years ago.

Wow, that's tough luck on the range. I carry garbage bags with me and always try to leave the places I shoot better than I find them. I shoot on public land and nothing will get the gates locked faster than leaving a bunch of garbage.

Now to shift gears for a second. Uhhh, wife........ When did this happen? I thought you still lived with your parents. Congratulations seem to be in order. That's cool she will ride with you. Mine never would. Secretly she likes to plink with 22's but she will not allow herself to do it. I think she just doesn't want to encourage me or she thinks I might want her to kill something. She used to like to go squirrel hunting because it was so fun to spot them but she didn't like to see them get blown up. Does you wife like to shoot?

Yah it sucks not being able to go shoot where I am used to doing so. I still have a place out in the country, about 10 miles from my house, but its out in the middle of the sand/sagebrush and its just not as nice to shoot, or stable, among other reasons. Oh well though, 1 ding dong ruins the whole going.
The day I did not leave (ARMY) I went and got a job at Marlette. Making manufactured homes. So Kari and I got a duplex in town. Rent is 850 month. Thats a killer. I hate to see it go ever month, I'm just thinking, custom rifle..custom rifle..custom rifle..ha ha ha. Its not that bad though. I have a lot better understanding of what it means to live on your own. And yah, Kari likes to shoot the only pistol we have, and it just so happens to be a Colt .22. We went camping over July 4th weekend and we took that with us. She loved shooting it at a square box I made for a target. She would count how many she got in the box after a clip of 10. We also rode our dirt bikes on trails and had campfires. She does like to camp, which is a good thing. Not to much of a girly girl. She never has shot anything, yet. I'm trying to get her into varmint shooting, like squirrels with the 22. Once she gets into that, I think she will hunt big game.

Well, yur getting to learn a bit about life. If it weren't for the people (sometimes) there would be more places to shoot.

The idea, which I got too late, is to buy your own 2000yd area to shoot in. Mine is only 200yds (5 acres) and the neighbors grouse once in a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Find a high spot over by Woodpecker trucks you otta be able to shoot for miles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yuup Roy's got the right idea.
Buy then build a couple thousand yard range----> plus i'd add a moto-X track to the target area.Or you could just practice wheelies to and from the target.
I have a 01 cr500r the last of the monsters ,this is my third 500 i had 2 kx's.So far on this honda -two broken legs ,a few broken ribs ,pulled groin ,and a broke back.
The broken back really let the air out of me.
Hired Gun is right about the 500's they in themselves are addicting.
Over jumping jumps w/a 500r will get you down.Mike

so when did you get married? was it this summer? Congradulations!

summer gets busy, but it's good to see ya around.
take care, jon

also, i think it would be good to see a wedding pic after all the dead coyotes and rockchucks, and deer, and elk, and bear, and.......etc....etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.