Where can I see a lot of guns?

Must see the Cody Firearms Museum at the Buffalo Bill Center in Cody Wyoming.

Not a gun store but a place to see "looooot" of guns from the past.

https://centerofthewest.org/explore/firearms/

This is absolutely amazing.....I have to see it again. You need a day, if you are really a gun guy. I mean like open to close....maybe take lunch outside! Don't forget the drawers! Amazing stuff. Also, watch the WHOLE Herb Parsons Worlds greatest shot video! Amazing....I think I saw it twice.

I strongly prefer this Scheels over the Cabelas. Scheels in Billings really works to have on hand an amazing inventory of the finest rifles and pistols commonly and less commonly available.

If you get to the east coast around D.C. there's the NRA museum. That is one massive display of history. . I would highly recommend anyone if there are ever in that neighborhood to stop by and check it out!!
This is fine. I drove from OH to see it. Lots of cool stuff, but the displays are a bit rough and it is less complete than the Buffalo Bill Center. Still, I will go again.

If you get to the east coast around D.C. there's the NRA museum. That is one massive display of history. . I would highly recommend anyone if there are ever in that neighborhood to stop by and check it out!!

The NRA museum is an excellent resource for any firearms afficonado. If you're a shooter, check out the range downstairs - they are open most days to the general public. The NRA range is very clean, organized and the shop stocks a large selection of common calibers at GREAT prices.

Hi guys, I'm fron Europe and now I'm in a holidays trip in the USA. I go from Sioux Falls SD to Yellowstone and then from Yellowstone to to the south, to Las Vegas. Can you tell me which is the bigger weapon stores I can visit in my way?

I don't want a place to see a many guns, I want to see a looooot of guns, you know.

Thank you
Bass Pro in Las Vegas should also have a very large slection

Hi guys, I'm fron Europe and now I'm in a holidays trip in the USA. I go from Sioux Falls SD to Yellowstone and then from Yellowstone to to the south, to Las Vegas. Can you tell me which is the bigger weapon stores I can visit in my way?

I don't want a place to see a many guns, I want to see a looooot of guns, you know.

Thank you
Ogden UT has the browning arms museum. Used to be in the train station but it has been a long time since I was there. A lot of history and a bunch of guns.

Thank you[/QUOTE
Not sure where you plan to travel when you leave Las Vegas. If you plan on getting over to the true SOUTH

there is a place in west yellowstone that has a shooting range to shoot all guns , all you have to do is rent and pay for ammo , be careful the fully auto weapons will drain your wallet faster than you can say
"that was fun"

Last edited:
I recall when I was shooting 3 gun, there was a company that brought full auto weapons to Rocky Mountain 3 Gun
The Thompson 45 is the most fun I have ever had with a firearm.

Thank you
Not sure where you are traveling when you leave Las Vegas, but, if you are truly going to travel to the Real South and possible up to the Nations Capital, Washington, DC there is a gun shop on your way that has 25,000 square feet of guns, any type, any size, any caliber or gauge. They claim to have the largest inventory of guns in the country. I have been there and I believe it. It is out in the country near a very small town in North Carolina. It's called Mackey's Landing, 30757 US Hwy. 64, Jamesville, NC 27846, Webpage is www.mackeyslanding.com. It is about a seven hour drive from where I live, but, we waterfowl hunt a couple of hours east of Jamesville in the coastal areas of North Carolina. Each year on one of our hunting trips we make time to drive over and go through Mackey's Landing. Make sure you allow a 1/2 day minimum to go through the place and take plenty of $$$ or your credit card. Take rifles for example, they have the little pink single shot 22 for kids to the Barrett 50 cal. sniper rifle and everything in be tween, single shot, bolt action, lever action semi-automatic automatic and more, shotguns and handguns are the same. They also have $$$$$$ custom builds as well. Hope you have a fantastic vacation here in the USA. Over the years, I have traveled fairly extensively in Europe, ergo, I am curious as to where you hail from.

Thank you

Hi,
this will be repeating some of the others, but depending on your route, here are some good options:
Billings, MT - Cabela's (just N of I-90) and Scheel's. Don't miss the 'gun vaults'/separate rooms - that's where the nice stuff is.
Cody, WY - Buffalo Bill Museum - awesome gun museum (Winchester factory museum, Maynard, Bill Ruger's stuff, etc.), also excellent western art/history museum. You can spend some time here. There's also is (or was) a decent shop near the intersection of Main St. and the N-S through-town highway. I believe GunWorx is now in town also, off the "strip" (west-end) near Walmart.
Ennis, MT - Shedhorn Sports - on Main at west end - one of the best selections around and you can browse, pick them up, etc.
West Yellowstone, MT - There's a place to rent/shoot firearms there now (supposed to be Class 3 also - full-auto) - haven't been there, so don't know the details. I think it's about in the middle of town (very small town).
Idaho Falls, ID - the big Army-Navy store south of town is a fun place to wander around and stretch your legs, by I-15, Exit 113 (no guns though).
Lehi, UT - Cabela's, just on the east side of I-15, and just north of Provo.
Mona, UT - Barnes Bullets, on east side of I-15. Not a gun shop, but a really interesting facility with an awesome indoor test range, if you're interested in bullet manufacturing. They gave me a very hospitable tour.
(crazy) Vegas - there are several places here to rent/shoot, including one that used to have an M-134 (Battlefield?) that you can rent (if your wallet can take the damage). The crew at the Gun Garage treated me well. There's also Range 702 (and others). The above are all close to the 'Strip'.

If for some reason you should be off-route and going through Stevensville, MT, the folks at Cooper Firearms will likely give you a tour if you want to see some really nice, accurate, quality firearms being made.

Hope you have a fun, safe trip - Enjoy!!

First, I agree with everyone about the Cody Gun Museum. It is a must see. If you are going down I-15 Idaho Falls - Guns and Gear has a large number of guns and an indoor range with a number of full auto guns and a Barrett .50 BMG that you can rent and shoot. Continuing down I-15 to Salt Lake City there is a place right off the freeway in Murray (which is south Salt Lake City). They have a fair number of guns and an indoor range range. They also have a fantastic Burger and Shake restaurant called The .357 Grill. It is attached to the gun store and range. We stop by every time we are in Salt Lake. There is a Scheels just up the road as well. Hope you have a great trip.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.