Where are all the supplies going?

I'm still trying to figure out who "They" are. The only lies being told and spread right now are the ones flying all over the internet by conspiracy theorists. This isn't the government, shell companies, the "liberal elites" or a group of Nigerian Princes trying to hustle everyone.

The components and ammunition are out there whether you're seeing it or not. I just left a shop today that had a bunch of different rifle, pistol, and shotgun powders on hand, including H1000, and none of them were over $30 per #. They told me that another local shop had a bunch of different powders at their shop too. Neither shop has any restrictions on quantities or anything like that. They just happen to be in areas where nobody's out there freaking out and buying up the whole store. I grabbed 1 bottle of Ramshot Enforcer for me and 1# of Magpro for a buddy who's been looking for some. I could have bought up all the high demand powders and had then listed online by the end of the night, sold them for $75 per pound with $20 flat rate shipping (I'm an approved hazmat shipper for both FedEx and UPS) and still made a 30% profit off each pound sold. That's not a bad margin.

Or maybe I should go back and buy up their whole inventory and move it to my offshore warehouse on the uncharted island in the south Pacific. You know, the one where Hornady, Federal, Hodgdon and Alliant are secretly hiding all of their components, as well as giant silos full of all that money they're making while quietly working with the government, liberals, and the lizard people from under the mountain.......
I also have a undisclosed site where I am storing (horading) my inventory. Maybe we should team up and try to corner the market and get ahead of the the so called majors - Hornady. Hodgon. Federal).

Cajun ain't wrong, my range is a ghost town. Pretty nice right now.
Ditto. We have a restriction of no more than 10 shooters on a 25 position range and I am still only one of 6 or 7 on any weekday.
Some days I am the only shooter (love reloads) along with the range master.

I've been reading this thread for sometime now, and I have seen first how it's the amount of guns being sold causing this issue with a few other causes. I live in AK, so no ordering powder and primers and having it shipped to the house here. We had a local chain that sells all kinds of stuff get powder in back at the end of February. I was able to get some powder I needed, it no primers to be had since October. The main LGS has not had a powder shipment since Dec. now the box stores like SW, BPS, and Cabelas are getting regular shipments of ammo, and some reloading supplies sporadically, but most little guys are not. I bought some primers from an individual dealer that supplies the competition shooters and he said he can't get new shipments as it's the distributors for AK having the issue. LGS says the same thing, it's their distributor.
As far as no one at the ranges, I wish that was the deal here. The last few times I've been, it's packed! This time of the year I can go at times and be the only one there for hours, not so now. While many are new gun owners, most are not. The pistol range is always at least 50% full and the rifle range at least that, closer to 75-100% full when I've been. People are getting ammo somewhere. While I'm not seeing the usual amounts of guys running hunting rifles on the rifle range, now it's packed with AR shooters. Before Covid, there were times I was the only there with an AR, now I get strange looks when I pull out a bolt action to shoot.

Remember the old military phrase, "Smoke 'em if you got 'em"? If you got ammo, empty firing ranges are kind of a blessing.

I just flew into Long Beach this afternoon. Looks like a friggin regatta of container ships out there! I dunno about hundreds but I bet there were more than 50 very large container ships spread out from what I could see.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.