Where has all the RUM Brass gone?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by mindcrime, Aug 13, 2014.

1. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

Trying to locate a source of 300 RUM or second choice 338 RUM Brass. Any leads????? THANKS in advance!

2. AZShooter

AZShooter Well-Known Member

3. mindcrime

4. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

I can get 50 count Noslers for $80 from the local Sportmans Warehouse. I haven't seen Remington around my area in WA for a couple years.

5. new shooter

new shooter Well-Known Member

over in guns for sale i have a 338 ultra LH 700 stainless with 300 new rem. brass. By it all then sale part of the brass. Joe

6. wby mag

wby mag Member

Third generation shooting supply has nosler 300 rum brass

7. dixiemagnum80

dixiemagnum80 Well-Known Member

My local Bass Pro in East Peoria has had one bag of Remington 338 RUM brass on their shelf for a year now. Thats about all they have though…...:rolleyes:

8. Wachsmann

Wachsmann Well-Known Member

I've been told you can neck up size 7mm ultra to the 300. From what I can tell from sammi drawings it has the same sholder angle and its the same in all other dementions except the size of the bullet diameter but I have not tried this.

9. SLEDGE HAMMER

SLEDGE HAMMER Well-Known Member

Shoot long .com have both brands in stock ,so it says

10. Timmyatneb

Timmyatneb Well-Known Member

Shoot long .. not in stock. I can find nosler but no remington . Been looking for about 6 or 7 months now.

11. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

You may have to buy factories and shoot them for brass. I found some 7rum through cabelas over the winter but it was out like a flash. I've bought the town out of 7rum and will probably have to steal brass from my 300rum if I need more.

Keep looking, but I'm betting most of rem's brass supply at present is dedicated to factory ammo.

12. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

I'm curious about what your actual cartridge is. Do you have a 300 and a 338 RUM or are you shooting a Wildcat?

13. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Well-Known Member

There is a guy over on 6brass with the screen name of doubleg.He is out of Texas and builds rifles. I bought a rifle from him a few months back, and in our conversation he told me he had .300 RUM brass that he would sell. I do not recall want brand. I think Remington guilt making it, just kidding , but it sure seems like it.

14. mindcrime

A wildcat that I am working on. :) The 7mm RUM won't work for my application, I NEED some 300 RUM brass and don't want to spend an arm and a leg unless it's of bench rest quality.

If Shawn had some of his .338 Edge Bertram brass, I could make it work, but he is sold out as well.