Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought ? I hsve several tied

I've had a few duds over the years. Had a Tikka D18 in 308 that I put 2 lbs of powder and every projectile I could get my hands on that would not group better than 2"… that being said I have another Tikka in 308 now that is the complete opposite of that and everything I would expect in a nice rifle.
Had a Savage 110 storm in 6.5-284 that wouldn't chamber a round. Sent it back, they fixed an issue with the machining and said it was good. Couldn't close the bolt with factory ammo, only had Nosler custom but several different boxes. Sent it back, they fixed issue with machining again. Finally got to shoot it, plenty of time to make some loads during the bs. That was by far the worst shooting rifle I've ever had my hands on. Loads and factory, 3-5" groups. Sent it back and they sent a whole new rifle. This one shoots everything well! It truly is amazing the QC across the board

I've had a few duds over the years. Had a Tikka D18 in 308 that I put 2 lbs of powder and every projectile I could get my hands on that would not group better than 2"… that being said I have another Tikka in 308 now that is the complete opposite of that and everything I would expect in a nice rifle.
Had a Savage 110 storm in 6.5-284 that wouldn't chamber a round. Sent it back, they fixed an issue with the machining and said it was good. Couldn't close the bolt with factory ammo, only had Nosler custom but several different boxes. Sent it back, they fixed issue with machining again. Finally got to shoot it, plenty of time to make some loads during the bs. That was by far the worst shooting rifle I've ever had my hands on. Loads and factory, 3-5" groups. Sent it back and they sent a whole new rifle. This one shoots everything well! It truly is amazing the QC across the board
Had a similar issue with a savage long range hunter, 6.5x284 norma. Blew primers at five full grains below max charge weight. Blew primers with factory ammo, when I finally found some. Then the extractor broke. Off the savage for repairs. Six weeks later I called and spoke to customer service guy who said, "Wow" , they have replaced every thing on this except the action, I had also complained about the stock peeling. Then got a call from their gun smith with a attitude, stating no further warranty services would be forthcoming on this firearm. All that being said, when it returned it was the most accurate rifle I may have ever owned. A friend pestered me for two years to sell it to him. I did, at 50% more than I paid for it.

Savage 110, 308Win - I bought it for my son when he was a little guy. First rifle and it SUCKED. Could not get it to shoot better than 4 MOA. I gave it a lot of lovin' and tried everything to get it to an acceptable level. Tried working up a load and used MANY different bullets and weights. The rifle just plain SUCKED! finally gave up and bought him a Weatherby a few years later. <1moa. He loves it and it'll eat anything you feed it as long as the Bullet weight is less than 200gn. Good enough for his use, and he's killed a lot of Deer, Elk and Antelope over the years.

Ruger 77, .257 Bob. Youth Lady's model. Same thing. She killed a few Elk inside 70 yds, Praise God they were that close. Any further would have been a wing and prayer.

Still have both. I just don't get rid of guns.

Worst few I ever tried had to be Glocks. Tried four calibers to give them a chance. Bad trigger. Bad grip angle.
Concur on the Grip Angle. It can be addressed with some work, but I think it ought to be a little less steep to begin with. I don't buy a Handgun with the intent of have some fella redesign the dang grip! I'm with ya!

The worst rifle I ever bought was a 300 Weatherby Mark V Deluxe ( 2006 American made) . When I was younger I always wanted one. I Saved up the money and ordered one through my go to gun shop. I ordered it with the Accubrake.
The gun came in and it was gorgeous. Beautifully grained stock , blueing, etc.
I had also saved up and put a nice Zeiss scope on it. The day came to shoot it and sight it in. I had my wife at the range with me and there was another gentleman on the bench next to me.
Gave it a quick bore sight down the barrel enough to get me on paper to start.
Got down , took aim , and squeezed the trigger. To my surprise the thing kicked so hard it almost threw me off the bench. The muzzle jumped violently the trusted me back hard.
When I looked at the muzzle the brake was gone! Totally separated at the first set of ports. THANK GOD my wife , the guy next to me and myself were not injured. How I don't know but we got lucky. The piece that remained on the threads was stamped 300. Why would I have bothered to mic it.
I took the gun back to the shop I bought it from 2 days later and get this ,
One of the guys that works the counter was at that range over that weekend and found what was left of the brake at the 100yd back stop! Imagine that! Here's the best part!
They grabbed a 300 mag round and placed the brake on it! Not even F'ing close. Mic'd it and it was for .284 cal not 30!
They gave it to me and told me to call Weatherby. I did.
They asked if anyone was hurt but offered no apology. Told me to send it to one of their smiths to have it gone over and a new brake put on. I asked for the threaded piece back when the rifle shipped back . I did not get it back and they wanted the other half of the brake. I refused to give it to them. The pictures I provided were clear enough. A comment made to me during one of the many phone calls was " you weren't in any danger"
F*** Y** ! You weren't behind it when it blew apart!
After a lot of back and forth and a letter I wrote to Roy Jr himself I ended up getting a stupid autographed book and a sling.
Maybe I was expecting too much but at the minimum an apology and a replacement rifle should have been offered.
I have absolutely nothing good to say about them and they can keep their junk! Clearly no quality control whatsoever. I shot that gun only a handful of times after that and it now sits in my safe. I have zero interest in it. I'd never buy one of their guns again. Check out the pics and be sure to check the diameter of a brake on a new gun.
I learned the hard way!
The first three pics are ones I just took to show ya. The two of the muzzle are snapshots of the old photographs I took when it happened. You can see how that thing blew apart.

Attachments

• IMG_7047.jpeg
    IMG_7047.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7048.jpeg
    IMG_7048.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7046.jpeg
    IMG_7046.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7049.jpeg
    IMG_7049.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7050.jpeg
    IMG_7050.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 43
It is a very nice rifle with many improvements over the old Winchester made rifle. I now have two .458's. I'm all set if the circus ever comes to town and something big gets loose.
See!! I told you guys I have a good reason to keep my .458's. See what just happened in Butte, Montana?? One of those big suckers got loose and was running the streets. I knew it could happen !!:D

Man I have a couple of them, unfortuately both Winchesters. I bought a .458 for an African trip. The Winchester distributor was a friend of mine so he let me go through and cherry pick from his inventory for a nice peice of wood. I zeroed the gun with the open sights and mounted the scope. Could not get a zero so I took it to the shop and started checking things over. Turns out the barrel (or receiver) threads were very crooked and the barrel diverged from center line on a noticeable angle. You could see it if you looked hard. I was working for another gun company at the time and knew the Winchester rep. He got it replaced for me but the one I got had the scope base holes drilled about 2 degrees off center. What a mess. Winchester was being purchased by FN at that time and it almost looked like the Winchester guys were ****ed because they were being bought and were sabotaging guns. I finally went out and found a good used, older vintage rifle. Winchester did replace the rifle but it took them almost 2 years to get me a new rifle. The replacement was marked "Made by BAC (Browning Arms Company) Morgan , Utah". It is a very nice rifle with many improvements over the old Winchester made rifle. I now have two .458's. I'm all set if the circus ever comes to town and something big gets loose.
You could've come to Butte today. Not all that far a drive.
1713395263272.png

I must have been lucky. Years ago, I was at a gun show wandering around. I happened to be by a booth where someone was getting a strip tore off for not packing merchandise correctly. The guy doing the tearing was holding up a Rem 788 in 22-250 with a big scratch down the side of the stock. He happened to look at me and asked, "Would you buy this?". I said, "How much?". We haggled a bit, and I ended up walking out with it. It turned out to be a perfectly accurate gun. I just painted the scratch black with house paint. It was a very unique looking gun, and everybody asked where I got the stock. I ended up handing the gun to my brother as he had/has coyote problems
I was incorrect in my statement of the model number. Those 788s shot very very well. I meant to say the 783 was a poor rifle

Other than the Mini 14, had a Model 70 Super Express 300 WM; gorgeous wood, CRF. Wouldn't shoot. Multiple powders, bullets primers. Bedded it. No change. Took it to a friend of ours just getting into gunsmithing. Chamber and barrel misaligned. New barrel, blueprinting, good ever since. While I did buy a Sako 85 .204 on here the guy had documented good groups, I am still suspicious of factory guns, other than Cooper and Dakota, and both are IMHO not worth the price since they changed hands; very fine, I'm sure, but not paying $9k for a rifle. I'll just have one built for way less with lifetime accuracy guarantee.

Oh, and a Colt Blackhawk .45. Sold it, went back to my Colt SAAs.