What's the BEST Muzzlebreak?

Doublezranch

I currently do not have any breaks on my ultras. Needless to say I have never been a fan of them but now that I am getting older, I think they can help me be a better shooter.

I had my father put a vias break on his 300 win mag and he loves it. I guess that I would never get to this point but, it's time. :rolleyes:

Here's your chance guys....what's the best?

Ive always used vias, and Ive never seen any reason to change that. There could easily be better brakes on the market.

You will get a hundred opinions with this question. I personally have a Defensive Edge brake on my 338 Edge and a Center Shot Rifle mini-muscle on a 6.5/.284. Both are excellent bakes. Are they the best? I have nothing to base that claim on. I have no experience with others. I am confident these do the job well. A plus for these brakes is they are user friendly from the prone position.

Knew opinions would be broad. There are many shapes, sizes, colors, noise reduction, port size, and on and on and on....

I know there is no right answer, I just don't know enough about them. I want to make a educated choice.

Doublezranch, Get in touch with Steve at Elk Meadow Performance. A LRH sponser . We have a nice 3/4" Titanium 3 port angle ported brake that works very well. No dirt or snow blowing in your face and scope like the Vais. --- 7mmRHB

DOUBLEZRANCH

Here's a picture of what I've done with the Titanium Brake.

Selling them for 150.00 each

Attachments

• Brake Titanium.jpg
    Brake Titanium.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 67
I have brakes installed on two rifles but they were installed either at the factory or by the rifle maker. I just purchased a Remington 700 Milspec in 300WM with a threaded 5/8x24 end that has a cap. it is a varmint contour, .83" at the muzzle. Is it possible just to buy a brake that I could just install out of the box with no modification or gunsmith required? I've been looking, but no luck,

Doublezranch

Sent you some info on an email be glad to bed and install brakes just let me know.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.