What's the best call for coyote

theosmithjr

Hey guys just banged my 1st Coyote of 2019. I have a BORROWED CALL I've been using, I NOT IMPRESSED at all. How bout some RECOMMENDATIONS for the BEST TRIED & TRUE CALL for me. I really found a few PA FARMS that are real HONEY POTS! I'd like a set up of HIGH QUALITY with a REMOTE CONTROL. PLEASE just FIELD TRIED & TRUE UNITS.
Theosmithjr

Attachments

• 20190217_101159.jpg
    20190217_101159.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 326
  • 20190217_152153.jpg
    20190217_152153.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Foxpro shockwave is what I run and would recommend. It does everything you need a unit to do, most of all, work all the time. It is my primary unit for contest calling and trust it 100%. Buy once cry once with electronic calls for sure.

I also have a foxpro fusion that has been a champion...I looked at the shockwave, but opted for the smaller fusion. I like to always have mine in my pack - seems like It doesn't take much for an elk or deer or pheasant hunt to turn into a coyote hunt! Lol

Hey guys just banged my 1st Coyote of 2019. I have a BORROWED CALL I've been using, I NOT IMPRESSED at all. How bout some RECOMMENDATIONS for the BEST TRIED & TRUE CALL for me. I really found a few PA FARMS that are real HONEY POTS! I'd like a set up of HIGH QUALITY with a REMOTE CONTROL. PLEASE just FIELD TRIED & TRUE UNITS.
Theosmithjr

Even though I have a foxpro fusion, I still prefer handcalling - there is something different about calling one in with a handcall...i don't know if I can explain it, maybe I am just a purist. Honestly, I seem to have a little more success with a handcall - I believe it is because everybody and their dog has a foxpro and runs the lightning jack call or whatever, so the educated ones recognize what it is.

Fox pro is the best no matter which model, I personally use the CS 24 with 2 speakers reaches out a long way, mines really old but still works good + if you need it fixed there real good about it.

The Fox Pro is top of the line. Outstanding long range TX1000 remote. Second to no one when it comes to their play list. Good customer service. If you like all the bells and whistles get the Shockwave. I need simple and loud, hunting in the wind. I have the CS24C. The negative to buying a Fox Pro is that if your hunting areas where coyotes have been called and schooled it was probably by a Fox Pro. So you need to use unusual Fox Pro sounds or buy another brand.

I have a Foxpro shockwave and my hunting buddy has the fusion, both are great calls and Foxpro has a good variety of sounds.
However, we just got a lucky duck revolt a few weeks ago and have been calling in more dogs with it than we had been with the foxpro's. The 'revolt' will rotate 360 degrees on a built in stand (a feature I REALLY like) and also has a built in shaker decoy/critter. I believe the revolt has more volume than the shockwave as well.
On the downside, the remote is not as good as foxpro's and the calls are often out of stock; So you will have to be on the look-out to find one.

Personally, I think that there are a lot of good units on the market. The defining variable for calling varmints is the sounds that you use. Other than the reliability of the call, an arsenal of sounds matter most.

Get on Foxpro's web-site and check it out!

The Foxpro sound libraries are all of the sounds that Foxpro has available.

Each Foxpro e-caller comes with sounds. The new Hammer Jack will come with 75 sounds plus 100 FREE sounds and it will hold a total of 300 sounds. The Fusion comes with 100 sounds and will hold 1,000 sounds.

If you buy a Foxpro e-caller from Foxpro or AllPredatorCalls.com you can choose the sounds that you want to come on the e-caller you buy.

You can buy a 16 sound pack from Foxpro for $25.00. Back in the cassette e-caller days I remember paying $6.00 to $10.00 for one sound on a cassette tape.

Yes you can record your own sounds or get some off of the internet and put them on your Foxpro e-caller.

I have a Wildlife Technologies call and have been using it for 6 years. It's built like a tank and has a high quality speaker. I have friends that have Foxpros and they are all amazed how much louder and clearer this is. This may not be an issue for you in PA calling on a farm, but in the Oregon high desert the extra volume works well especially if the wind is blowing. On the negative side, it is bigger and heavier.

Hey guys THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your comments and input. After reading them and going to FOXPROS Website I saw they're right here in Pennsylvania. Just got off the phone and placed my order for the FOXPRO SHOCKWAVE and all the Goodies that go with it! Can't wait to see the LQQK on wife's face when she sees the $700 on our next CC statement! LOL She dropped last month when she saw the $1300 for my new SIGKILO 2400 ABS RF! I'm retired, worked hard my entire life. I thank the LORD that I'm healthy and able to now TOTALLY ENJOY myself at the sport I've loved my ENTIRE 61 years on this Beautiful Planet! I'm also grateful & thankful for being a member of LRH and that I'm able to rely on SOLID INPUT & FEEDBACK from the FINEST BUNCH of fellas on here! My ONLY REGRET is that we ALL aren't close enough to hunt, shoot and shoot the breeze over a Hot cup of Coffee and a warm Fireplace! Thanks guys!
Theosmithjr

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.