Best manual coyote calls?

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by Litehiker, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Litehiker

Litehiker Well-Known Member

What are the best hand/mouth coyote calls?
    FWIW, I've decided to delay getting an electronic call B/C I need a chronograph for load development. This fall I plan to get a good electronic call.

I'm pretty good at calling ducks, geese and turkeys. For turkeys I have several mouth and slate calls and one box call. I'm pretty good with mouth calls and have called in several turkeys with them. Slate calls are for "mixing it up" with the box or mouth calls to make it sound like there is a small flock with one or two horny jakes.

All this is to say I can use manual calls fairly well, including a grunt call for deer.
    So I think I can learn manual coyote calls as well.

Eric B.

2. huntsman22

huntsman22 Well-Known Member

tally-ho and crittr call are my faves.....

3. Litehiker

Litehiker Well-Known Member

Thanks huntsman. I'll look at them. How about Burnham Bros.?

4. huntsman22

huntsman22 Well-Known Member

I like open reed calls. More versatile and don't freeze up.... But heck, they all work.

5. Out Back

Out Back Well-Known Member

You know I used Burnhan Brother calls for years and called in a lot of Coyotes and Bobcats. With all the calls on the market I still use them and still call in a lot of animals.

6. Three44s

Three44s Well-Known Member

Criter Call

Three44s

7. Tnwhip

Tnwhip Well-Known Member

I have called more coyotes with the Tally ho than any other. Burnham Bro.was my first call, a rubber band call, Killed my first yote with it back in the 70s. had several other Burnham bro. too. I have used Johnny Stewart, critter calls, Primos and I have made my own calls. I to, like open reed calls. they all work.