What's it worth, custom Savage?

DSMITH1651

Just wondering what I could sell it for thinking of getting a 28 nosler built and don't think I can get a mag box long enough for this action and I have no need for 2 big 7 mm guns.

Savage ss 116 action trued
Trigger modified accu triger set at 1 lb
Ptg bolt and trued bolt head
All action and trigger work was done by Nat Lambeth
Broghton #5.5 1-9 26" fluted barral
McMillan A3 sporter
Gun weights 9.5 lbs
Chamberd in 7mm LRM by locale gunsmith
Would come with DNZ 30mm 1 piece 20 moa mount
Easy 1/2 moa gun at 250 yds ( 1/3 moa groups quite often )
180 burger hybrids at 3020
She's not banged up and no big scratches but she's not a safe queen eather.
380 rounds down the tube
Would come with custom Wilson dies and 150 pec of brass
Built in October 2014
Scope would not come with it.
Thanks guys,
Duane

Attachments

• IMG_20160206_130112777.jpg
    IMG_20160206_130112777.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 138
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay man!

Tally up what you've got into it, or at least get a rough idea, then decide what price it would make sense to let it go for. Someone will almost assuredly not be able to build the same exact rifle for less than you'll be selling it for, so that's what you have to keep in mind.

The market is kind of soft right now, and the caliber may be a slight detriment to someone wanting something a little more common, but otherwise, the rifle looks well-sorted. Don't think you would have much of a problem off-loading it in that $1.5k+ range, but other factors like how quickly you're wanting to sell it, how much you need out of it, etc. are going to factor in.

LOL, we use that statement all the time at work, my definition has always been how much can you get for it in a month, after that you are eather to high or advertising in the wrong place. I just don't know what that number is right now for this gun. I have 2980.00 in the gun not including the scope.
Duane

seen your other thread. use the accurate mag bottom metal and rechamber your barrel. sell brass and dies to help cover cost of bottom metal

seen your other thread. use the accurate mag bottom metal and rechamber your barrel. sell brass and dies to help cover cost of bottom metal

x2. I think this route would actually save you money and save you from sacrificing what you have in this rig.

Most guns I buy become relative to the sum of the parts. Only exceptionshows are rare factory or special gun smith's like a gun from (long range hunting)

All others are just parts.

Most guns I buy become relative to the sum of the parts. Only exceptionshows are rare factory or special gun smith's like a gun from (long range hunting)

All others are just parts.

I agree, but there is a market value be it 1000 or 3000. I just don't know what guns like this go for.

As far as the bottom metal for the AI mags. My gun has the bottom bolt release there doesn't seem to be allot of good options for bottom metal. I do really love my gun, I have a new barral for the new chambering. It is a 1-9 twist I want to contenue to shoot the 180 gn hybrids. I would just like to have the better brass. I will have to make some calls on Monday.
Duane

I agree, but there is a market value be it 1000 or 3000. I just don't know what guns like this go for.

As far as the bottom metal for the AI mags. My gun has the bottom bolt release there doesn't seem to be allot of good options for bottom metal. I will have to make some calls on Monday.
Duane

What I mean is:
Stock -$$$$
Barrel and action - $$$$
Trigger -$$$$
Bottom metal -$$$$$

If you see used stocks simple for 250, bottom metal for 250, actions for 350 and say 200 for barrel then you have around 1050 too someone who happens to like how you put it together

What I mean is:
Stock -$$$$
Barrel and action - $$$$
Trigger -$$$$
Bottom metal -$$$$$

If you see used stocks simple for 250, bottom metal for 250, actions for 350 and say 200 for barrel then you have around 1050 too someone who happens to like how you put it together

I understand the parts add up as fallows
Stock 630.00
Barrel 570
Bace gun 725
Mounts 200
Ptg oversized bolt fluted 140
Bolt head 94
2359 total parts

Labor
Action trueing triger work 360.00
Chamber and bead action 261.00
Total labor 621

Total build 2980

Now there is depreciation I just don't know what that is
Or why the market is on this.
Duane

The funny thing is this started out as a build on the cheap and snowballed rather quickly as I waited the 9 months for the parts to show up LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.