What type of bipod do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KQguy, Jan 22, 2008.

1. KQguy

KQguy Well-Known Member

I am getting ready to buy another bipod for my 300 win mag,I just want to make sure I make the right choice.The one I have now has the shorter legs,and does not swivel.I am thinking about getting a 13''-26'' with swivel.Is this a good length to get?I don't want something flimsy,I just want to make sure if I get something that long,it will be sturdy.BTW,I am looking at the Harris brand.
    thanks,KQguy

2. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

i can't help you with an opinion of the longer legs, never had any so won't comment. as far as the swivel goes, i wouldn't own one that didn't swivel and the pod-lock alteration is a must.

3. jeff 300

jeff 300 Well-Known Member

I did what your doing but i went the other way. i had the long legged bi pods and found that they where no where as stable enough for long shots. so i got the shorter one. i got a Harris i think 9-13" that had a swivel and notched legs that work very well. the notched legs are great when on unlevel ground are when a little height is needed. Harris is the only way to go. i tried the cheaper ones but they do not last. spend the money on a Harris and do it once.

4. michael A.

michael A. Well-Known Member

get the harris i have a 9-13 with notched legs and the swivel it works really good im planning on getting another one for my wife

5. milanuk

milanuk Well-Known Member

Once upon a time I had one of the long (25") Harris bipods. Never used it. Finally gave it to my brother for coyote calling in tall sage brush.

Since then... I seem to have been able to get by pretty well with a 6-9" Harris BRMS - swivel (equipped with a Pod-Loc) with notched legs (easier to adjust one-handed than the traditional style, and they won't 'bite' you either). I've seen people use the 9-13", and maybe they are better for a 'field' situation (which I've sadly had far too few of over the last few years), but I rarely if ever fully extend the legs on my 6-9" models...

YMMV,

Monte

6. KQguy

KQguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input,I bought a cheaper set at Wal-mart,I should have known better.I will definately be getting a Harris to replace it.