What twist is necessary to stabalize the 107 in a 243 AI

Yep , I to use a 1-8 in a 243Ai shoots the 107 SMK and 105 A-max great. The only thing is that when I run the lighter bullets out at full speed some will blow up due to the high rpm
I thought about the next barrel being a 1-7 so I could shoot the 115gr Berger VLD's with a BC of almost .6 they should be able to buck the wind realy well.
The 1-8 shoots the 105gr Berger VLD's pretty good so long as you keep the speed down , i have to run them about 200fps slower than the SMK or A-max's

Thanks, gentlemen... I was thinking what the minimum might be as my Cooper has a 1 in 10 ratio. I guess I'll have to try a few and see what happens. I prior experience with a 6 Rem 40X was with a 1 in 12 and Berger 90 grain bullets were great for about 1,000 rounds and then wouldn't! Also altitude helped that one out. Marginal was the word of the day.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.