what to do with sako short action?

bobcat trapper

I have a sako short action and am thinking of a long range build off of it. Gun would mostly be used for targets,rockchucks,coyotes, maybe deer and antelope. Im thinking of a 6.5 creedmore or a 260. I have thought about a 243 as well how do the 6.5 and 260 do as far as barrel life goes. I'll probably put a 28in shilen select on in. Any thoughts on caliber and barrel im not affraid of wildcats either? Also the action just has a2 on it for a model does anyone have stock sugesstions for it. I just have the complete action and am new to sakos.

im a little old school. Allways wanted a 250 sav imp. Nice little 5-5.5 lb thin barreled little sweety with a real nice french walnut stock. Nieder but plate and skeleton grip cap. Now im sweating!!

we think a lot a like there that would be a good little coyote calling rig but im after something that shoots a little farther. I do have a pretty sweet little 257 roberts built on a remington 722 action has the lightest shilen they make on it shoots 100 grain anythings very well.

260 AI that would be my pick great performer and easy on barrel life besides you can still shoot 260 factory out of it if you land in a bind and need too.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.