what to do? help

hazzman62

I have recently purchased a steyer pro alaskan in 338 rcm and I am having a heck of a time trying to decide what scope to buy. I have it narrowed down to a Zeiss rapid z800 or a Sarovsky z3 I would appreciate any/ al opinions on these two products. I feel like my wife trying to pick out a pair of shoes! Help and Thanks.

It used to be easy to pick a scope but there are so many options now. I am like you, it is good to hear imput from people who actually own and use the product I am thinking of buying.

gary

No kidding Gary I am totally lost, with what I have invested in my platform I really wanted to make sure I got it right with my optics.

From the opinions I have read here it seems the Zeiss in better mechanically and the swarovski is better optically. I have owned conquests and an older swarvoski both functioned very well but I wasn't twisting turrets back then. I have been using leupolds for quite a while with no complaints but I also want to give something else a try.

by the way, welcome aboard.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.