what to do? help

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by hazzman62, Aug 12, 2012.

1. hazzman62

hazzman62 New Member

I have recently purchased a steyer pro alaskan in 338 rcm and I am having a heck of a time trying to decide what scope to buy. I have it narrowed down to a Zeiss rapid z800 or a Sarovsky z3 I would appreciate any/ al opinions on these two products. I feel like my wife trying to pick out a pair of shoes! Help and Thanks.

2. 8andbait

8andbait Well-Known Member

It used to be easy to pick a scope but there are so many options now. I am like you, it is good to hear imput from people who actually own and use the product I am thinking of buying.

gary

3. hazzman62

hazzman62 New Member

No kidding Gary I am totally lost, with what I have invested in my platform I really wanted to make sure I got it right with my optics.

4. 8andbait

8andbait Well-Known Member

From the opinions I have read here it seems the Zeiss in better mechanically and the swarovski is better optically. I have owned conquests and an older swarvoski both functioned very well but I wasn't twisting turrets back then. I have been using leupolds for quite a while with no complaints but I also want to give something else a try.

by the way, welcome aboard.

5. hazzman62

hazzman62 New Member

Thanks Gary, I apreciate it