What the heck is this?

Attachments

• 948ff97c-6a92-4c11-bc53-e3149b679c37.jpg
    948ff97c-6a92-4c11-bc53-e3149b679c37.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 94
I'm seeing a deer.

But speaking of pine martens, I have a story. I was hunting elk in CO one year, up right around 10,000'. It was right around noon and I was heading back to camp for lunch, but had sat down on the trail for a little break when I saw a pine marten hopping toward where I was sitting. I froze, but could see his progress out of the side of my eye.

He hopped toward me, stopped a second to look around, then came on. Next thing I know he's sitting on my boot. He stopped there for about a minute, then hopped on. No iPhones ini those days, so no pix. You'll have to take my word for it.

Watch a grey fox standing on hind legs eating my muscadines. In the daylight. Even jumping at times. Too close to the house, about 100', and I couldn't get the slip (or crosshairs) on it.

I'm seeing a deer.

But speaking of pine martens, I have a story. I was hunting elk in CO one year, up right around 10,000'. It was right around noon and I was heading back to camp for lunch, but had sat down on the trail for a little break when I saw a pine marten hopping toward where I was sitting. I froze, but could see his progress out of the side of my eye.

He hopped toward me, stopped a second to look around, then came on. Next thing I know he's sitting on my boot. He stopped there for about a minute, then hopped on. No iPhones ini those days, so no pix. You'll have to take my word for it.
I can believe it. I was in a hardwood bottom and heard something coming straight towards me. It was a very large otter. I stood perfectly still and when he or she got right on top of me he stopped on the toe of my boot looking straight away from me for about 10 seconds then proceeded right on down the bottom. I just think it's cool when you are close to wildlife and they don't have a clue you're there.

I can believe it. I was in a hardwood bottom and heard something coming straight towards me. It was a very large otter. I stood perfectly still and when he or she got right on top of me he stopped on the toe of my boot looking straight away from me for about 10 seconds then proceeded right on down the bottom. I just think it's cool when you are close to wildlife and they don't have a clue you're there.
Had a auburn college kid bow hunting from one of my ground blinds, he's pretty new to hunting. It was about twenty minutes after full dark and he wasn't back where I was to pick him up. I called him, he's whispers into the phone, "There's something out there that made the deer run off" well, what does it look like, I'm On the edge of a mini wilderness area of government property, so no telling what he's seeing. Well its long and has a big bushy tail. I couldn't help it ,I burst out laughing! Man, its a grey fox. I'd been seeing a pair of them for a couple of weeks. Told him, turn on your flashlight and stick it out the blind. Pack up your stuff and I'll be waiting. All he could do is grin when he got back to the Kubota. He'd seem six deer, one a nice big 6 point he couldn't get a shot at. And got the poop scared out of himself. Good hunt!