What talents do you have...

There is a talent that i wish i had but i just don't have the time to acquire the knowledge. I'd like to build a race truck. I've acquired a little knowledge on engines and such but it seems like most of the guys that are fabricating have been doing it their entire life. Kevin built this entire truck, from the fabing, to wiring, to even plating 4130 chromoly on the inside of the cab. A physician i worked with in the ER also built his own vette. I doubt i ever get close to that but i'd like to learn how to TIG weld and build an engine. End goal for my current truck when i get out of Dental School will be something like the video below. Stripping it down to the frame and building a chassis around it, LS3 swap, and go from there.

Always makes me laugh my friends find it so "redneck" but i don't think they remotely grasp the complexity of these vehicles nor the capabilities. What true prerunners and trophy trucks are able to do is pretty astonishing. Going over just about any terrain at 130mph with 36" of wheel travel and to watch the suspension just take it, is art.

Last edited:
I have a buddy that if he had money like that guy I have no doubt he could build an off-road rig like that. The tube work I've seen him do and the fully custom frame he built for a Cummins swap into a 2 1/2 ton 1952 Chevy is insane. He freehands everything, no plan just lays everything out as he goes. So jealous. When he was 16 he was teaching middle aged guys how to triangulate suspension to get a smooth ride, good steering, and maximum flex. Guys crazy.

I guess having a talent is something that the majority of people can't do, and you can. I can mend nets. Picked that up commercial fishing for salmon in Alaska when I was young. Its been ages since I've done it. Teaching my 12 year old how to do it now. Last year was his first salmon season in Alaska with his uncle.

Guiding...never thought about it as a "talent" but that is something else I can add. I've guided both hunting and fishing.

Overnight tuna fishing trips were my favorite. I've done a bunch of seminars on Amberjack fishingled fot Texas Parks and Wildlife. I'm pretty good at catching them. Did some guiding in the bays as well. I stopped about 5 years ago though. Fedeal fishing laws ran me out of the business.
IMG00658.jpg

Amberjack just under 80lbs

IMG00251.jpg

Overnight tuna trip

2013-06-15 13.09.28 (1).jpg

Average day on the big pond!

I also did the upholstery in my boat. I didn't do the stitching but I put all of it on.

20170730_130507.jpg

Bought the materials from the company that made my bean bags.

20170730_130444.jpg

Last edited:
I know a little chiropractics,
I am a hunter like most of us here,
I farm(I grew up in a farm so go figure)
Canning,
Carpentry work, I'll be a very important person when SHTF.

300whisper....I had a neighbor had a 338 whisper built...13 grains of powder.....one cool rifle....shoots amazing....
As to your boxing.....you have some fast hands...two jabs and a straight left...the other got,in some good shots too...."the game plan changed first time I got hit in the mouth"......
When I was a sophmore in high school I fought in a "smoker" to raise funds for our spring season...I practiced very hard knking the other school had a boxing team..we didn't...overall of 12 fights it was pretty much a tie for wins/losses....the kid I fought was running around his school saying how he was gonna kick my ads..mainly because my brother was the wrestling coach and,had to kick him off the team.....well...he didnt win..lost even more face at school.....he committed suicide by jumping off the top of the local bridge...I never felt bad about him doing that as most people that knew him said he wasn't all there....I am glad he didn't get a weapon and try to extract his justice at school....
While at college had a chance to fight in a "so you think your tough" tournament...nah...wasn't interested..until I saw the guy that ran the entire fight of the final...in most our views we would have called him a chicken****......
But the guy that was pushing me to fight was a cool dude...he fought three fights for a total of 1:39 minutes...he hit the other guys in the heavgweights so hard you see his hand come out their backs...this guy was the noseguard on our college football team...and animal....his name is still....Kenny Shamrock....

Buckbuster....you must be BIG AND RICH.....making rock music so easy...he'll...right out of a box....
Being I have a lot of tinnitus in the ears I don't hear many of the words in the songs....so I sing them to my own lyrics....most of the time the wife and kid just shake their heads....beck..maybe they are rocking out to me.......NOT

As for a chiropractor...mine won't work on me anymore...he suggested MRIs.....great skill...properly trained in female dorm at college.....lol....
Had many days tending gardens while growing up....best part for me was "trying" to reduce the bird population while keeping them out of the strawberries and cherry trees...those birds get up really early to get the early work...but ven earlier to get a full belly of cherries rather than a full belly of lead....

Steppenwolf....a mechanical skill is an awesome talent..not everyone can tear a machine apart.......and put it back together...
I used to work on the little parts of the 73 Chevy 1/2 ton..brakes altenators, and such...nothing internally....I like chasing electrical gremlins...use that in my handyman business...along with construction....

What I am seeing here with all the talents is a working society....
Something that America is losing.....so keep up on the skills...whether you think it is one or not...you don't know how valuable what you have....

Steppenwolf....a mechanical skill is an awesome talent..not everyone can tear a machine apart.......and put it back together...
I used to work on the little parts of the 73 Chevy 1/2 ton..brakes altenators, and such...nothing internally....I like chasing electrical gremlins...use that in my handyman business...along with construction....

Something that America is losing.....so keep up on the skills...whether you think it is one or not...you don't know how valuable what you have....
Man, I'll tell ya.....

Hi,

Talents???
How in the world do you all have time for "talents" lol....Between shooting (Job), Businesses in 2 different countries {Working on a 3rd} and the numerous International Government Relations consultations...I got no time for talents :)

Sincerely,
THEIS

[QUOTE="26Reload/]

Something that America is losing.....so keep up on the skills...whether you think it is one or not...you don't know how valuable what you have....[/QUOTE]

I wish I could use my boxing "talents" on some people i work with in America...and to show one of those hipster, SJW college kids what real pain is. Lol.

THEIS, Yes I was in the same boat. That's why I am out of the army in 5 months and will hopefully have a normal 9-5 job. Life's too short to be working all the **** time. All fun and no play makes...well it will just stress you out and then you'll die young.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was talking about contrasting woods on a different thread, fella has a gorgeous rifle , three different woods. I made this shadow box for my daughter for Christmas last year, the butterfly pendant was for Christmas 7 years ago. She never wears it, so her Mom suggested the shadow box for a display. Turned out nice. Over 300 hrs in it.