What talents do you have...

I can fly a helicopter...dunno if that's a talent or a bad decision?!?

I fly a little fixed wing...in the process of getting a Cessna 337...I was asked one time, Are you a good pilot--I said well good enough to still be walking around! ;)

Always wanted to get my helo cert...something about beating the wind into submission.

If there's a salmon on the umqua river bar in Oregon I can catch it.
If there's a big bull I'll see it during deer season. If there's a big buck I'll see it during elk season.
My talents in a nutshell.
You sound like my wife she was born on Friday the 13th! But not all of her luck was bad, she got me!! Hang in there your luck has to change, hopefully for the better!

I fly a little fixed wing...in the process of getting a Cessna 337...I was asked one time, Are you a good pilot--I said well good enough to still be walking around! ;)

Always wanted to get my helo cert...something about beating the wind into submission.
That's worth tipping a wing to! Amen!

You sound like my wife she was born on Friday the 13th! But not all of her luck was bad, she got me!! Hang in there your luck has to change, hopefully for the better!

I've killed a lot of animals, it just feels that way sometimes. Mainly this last year where that's exactly what happened. Can be quite frustrating. I'll never quit the persuit.

I do minor gun work, refinishing stocks, painting, bedding, and all the basics, I won't call it gunsmithing though ha ha. I did a hand rubbed oil finish on a black walnut stock for my dad's 1913 eddystone enfield chambered in 35 wheelen Ackley Improved, that was a fun project, and reshaped, added flushcups, grips, and painted a B&C stock. It came out pretty nice.

20151203_000112.jpg
20151205_010903.jpg
20151212_113910.jpg
20151214_075638.jpg
20151222_193533.jpg
20151222_193451.jpg
20170324_111838.jpg
20170718_140643.jpg
20170719_102725.jpg
20170725_184006.jpg

I also have a talent for babysitting adult children in timeout, I'm a Deputy at the County jail ha ha.

An ol suck n blow! Those are good airplanes, I helped a guy rebuild one a few years ago.

Gentlemen...this is a fun way to learn a little about each of us...I am reading these to my wife and son...and laughing....great times...
Now the fish mount question...
I bought the reproductions(steelhead around $250..bass around $175)...set the heads and fins and eyes($12 set)..so with shipping I was in the hole about $300 per piece...bondo head on and apply material to fill holes in body, sand it and prep for paint...about 2-3 hours labor...airbrush base colors(lacquer) to repro..and with almost each color there was a clearcoat added(between 3 & 6 hours)..once it passed my inspection it went to the house..."first" detail work of almost every scale(scales painted with a water based acrylic)(at first it took about 40 hours, eventually i widdled it down to 20)...then back to shop for light mist paint and clearcoat(1 hour)..back to house to second detail the scales...(1 hour)..back to shop for final clearcoats(1 hour)....somewhere around 40 hours or so per fish...
AND...if the final clearcoats wash off all the paints...i spend four hours of cleaning the entire reproduction and start over.....
Here's another a group of guys ordered for their buddy for a surprise...he had caught one like it on the North Umpqua the season before.....DSCF0276.jpg DSCF0300.jpg

500000kv....if that was you that cast across my when I was playing that Chinook......mouth of the umpqua...windybay....been there done that....grew up in Myrtle Point...fished the Coquille most of the time..never really had a reason to go anywhere else..except for the summer steelhead of the North Umpqua...spent a lot of time at the ZOO.....caught hundreds of steelies there...then I figured out how to catch the springers in the deep water below the bridge....guided on the Coquille 99% of my trips...in 20 years of guiding only had about 6 days where we didn't land a fish....started guiding there when I was one of six guides on the river of 100 boats...quit guiding when there was 100 guide boats on the river..no private boats....got ugly...
Then about 30 years ago some "people" put mammoth in the middle fork of the Coquille....now the entire river system is full of them damned things..........those guys should be de-nutted....

Can't say i have been within spitting distance of a copter..and only planes have been on trips to Alaska...
I was practicing digital painting on a stock the other day....in anticipation of a detail work on a BC for my rebuilt 65284... Will add that to here when it is finished....barrel is at the Cerakote shop...maybe get it tomorrow.....0125181950.jpg

Throw you guys and ladies another bone for thought...
Son wanted to be a Zombie for Halloween....
And he caught an elbow while playing flag football at school....i doctored it a bit so he could get sympathy from grandparents when they came over for a visit.....

Attachments

• 20151009_084650.jpg
    20151009_084650.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20151031_183757.jpg
    20151031_183757.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 76

Recent Posts