What Side Arm do you carry?

Thanks for the post everyone. I'm leaning towards getting a .357 or .44 mag. See how I am in grizz country. I like the idea of the .45 for most everything but would be just a little light for bear.

S&W 629 5" .44 mag. You can load it down to 900-1000 fps using some lighter lead or JHP for grouse and light duty shooting or load it up with 300 grain hard cast bear stoppers @ 1300 fps. High on your hip or in a day pack. Very versitle.

S&W 629 5" .44 mag. You can load it down to 900-1000 fps using some lighter lead or JHP for grouse and light duty shooting or load it up with 300 grain hard cast bear stoppers @ 1300 fps. High on your hip or in a day pack. Very versitle.

I have the 4" model of the 629. I sometimes load it light and my "heavy" rounds are factory 240gr jacketed slugs

I used to carry a Glock 30 (45 ACP) while hunting, but now leave it in my vehicle at camp. I only carried it when pig hunting. I got tired of carrying it and kept asking myself why I would drop the rifle in my hands to reach for a less powerful handgun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts