What scope IOR or Night Force for hunting rig

The 6-24x50 tact./hunting and the 4-14x50 tact. are both 2nd focal plane scopes. The 2.5-10x42 is avalible as a 1st or 2nd focal plane.

The 4-14x50 hunting scope is 1st and the 2.5-10x42 and the 2.5-10x56 hunting scope is 1st focal plane. I believe the 1.1-4x26 is avalible in 1st or 2nd.

The trend is leaning towards the 2nd focal plane scopes.

Jim

Q-Optics.
Cannot contact you by E.mail.Can you find out if I.O.R have an European outlet or If I purchased from your self does the Lifetime warrenty still apply.
cool.gif

Thank you Q
For some reason, the plane of reticle seems concealed by most scopemakers. Very hard to find out without actually looking through one.
It makes a huge difference to me so I stay away from scopemakers who tip-toe around it.

Hunter
-A 1st plane reticle stays ~constant in size, regardless of magnification. Great for range estimating reticles as it is always in cal and tracking very accurately at any setting. However, Because the reticle subtension(relative size)stays the same with increasing power, more target area is covered up. European, Tactical.

-A 2nd plane reticle subtension changes with magnification. Great for a precision shooting as the reticle covers less target area with increasing magnification. Used for range estimating only at specific powers.
Tracking accuracy is affected more by power changes. American, Target.

There are other pros/cons, and design attributes, but thats the jist of it.

[ 01-28-2004: Message edited by: Mikecr ]

Aficionado,

I'm not aware of any European Dist. but I'll ask next time I call. Anything I sell has the Lifetime warranty no matter where it goes.

Hunter,

Check out the usoptics web site, it has a wealth of information.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.