Night force 3.5x15x56 for hunting?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Little7fan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Little7fan

Little7fan Member

I'm looking to buy a new scope for my 7 rsaum, this will be a hunting rifle with shots probably not to exceed 500 yards. I also have a range and enjoy shooting paper and steel out to this distance. Is this the scope I need for both, it seems the more I read the more confused I get.

Rifle:
    Rem 700 7 rsaum built by John whidden.
    #5 hart barrel
    Hs precision stock
    Jewel trigger
    169g BErger VLDs

This gun is new, I would love to hear from someone who loads for this round I need a good load.

Thanks guys for any help.

2. ledward

ledward New Member

I have 2 Nightforce 3.5x15 x50mm scopes and they work great, even shooting out to 1K. I went with the 50mm objective as I find the 56 just a little to big on a hunting rifle. I'm sure this would compliment your setup just fine. I went with the NP1-RR reticle on both.

3. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

I recommend the 50mm also. Nightforce have been proven to be outstanding for hunting. To me Nigtforce are one of the best scopes on the market for the dollar value.

Another great scope for hunting would be the Premier Light Tactical. I have been using one for about 2 months now and love it.

Nightforce 3-15x50mm
    [​IMG]

Premier Light Tactical
    [​IMG]

Mike @ CST

4. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I have all the nxs's with the exception of the 5.5x22x50 and my favorite is the 5.5x22x56 with an npr2 or 1

5. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

the 3-15 Nightforce is a great scope, no argument there. but for only shooting 500 yards a 10x with a ballistics reticle is a great way to go. Swarovski has a 3-10 that would be half the weight and a very good scope.

6. CS T

CS T Official LRH Sponsor

The Swarovski are great scopes and the glass is great. For most hunters a 10x will do just fine I like a little more magnification for long-range hunting.

The

7. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

You might consider Sightrons SIII line of scopes. I have the 6-24x50LRMDCM on one of my hunting rifles and love it.

8. Little7fan

Little7fan Member

Thanks guys, really good glass is important to me I hunt fields a lot and the last 10 mins of shooting light is important. I want a scope in the 4.5 to 14 range with at least 50mm obj.

9. noneck180

noneck180 Well-Known Member

Zeiss are nice aswell..

10. silvertip44

silvertip44 Well-Known Member

I have three NF NXS 50s. A couple of years ago I sold a 56mm scope of another brand because I just didn't like its size. 56mm is a little big for a hunting rifle, course that's just my opinion.