What rings on a 300 rum

sika64

I have a Mod 700 Sendaro 300rum with a 20 moa base, putting a 3x18x50 30 mm on it.Was wondering what rings and height they should be.

I use TPS TSR Super Low rings on my 3-18x50 VX-6 and they work well. A friend of mine has the same scope and uses Seekins (Vortex PM) Low rings. The Seekins are a little more stout if you're concerned about heavy recoil. I like the slimmer TPS rings on my VX-6 because it allows room to mount a scope level next to the front ring. These scopes have very little room between the turrets and the objective bell. Other good quality rings that won't break the bank are Leupold Mark 4, Badger Ordnance, or Nightforce. With a 20 MOA rail you should be fine running low rings, whichever brand you choose.

I have a Mod 700 Sendaro 300rum with a 20 moa base, putting a 3x18x50 30 mm on it.Was wondering what rings and height they should be.

"What height?" is a question you will have to answer. Do you have a scope and rings you can put on it to start with? If you do, do this.....if you want.

Hold the rifle in both hands in front of you. Close your eyes and bring up the rifle and hold it like you are going to fire it. Open your eyes. If your eyes don't line up with it you know from where you are looking whether you need lower or higher rings. I always end up with high and extra high rings. But then I hold even my .375 like I would a BB gun. They all have brakes and nice recoil pads.

was interested in those new rings from burris myself. anyone know when they'll be available?

Here's what I got from Burris CS ...

Attachments

• Burris.JPG
    Burris.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 105
i called them last week and said shipping would start in December. i like the pivoting insert concept and these new weaver style seem like quite an improvement

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts