Mounts on a XCR II 300 RUM

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 340Shooter, Dec 28, 2013.

1. 340Shooter

340Shooter Well-Known Member

I just purchased a M700 XCR II and the previous owner left this base on it. I was going to use a set of Burris Signature rings, but was wondering if I should change it out for something different? Scope is a Weaver Super Slam 3-15x42 EBX.

[​IMG]

2. Jud96

Jud96 Well-Known Member

I personally do not like Weaver style bases and rails like that. If I were you I would do what I did when I bought my Remington 700 with a base already on it. Take off the rail and put on a Leupold or Redfield one piece base. These are heavy duty and one piece bases strengthen up the action, there's also no way for the rings to slip when mounted on these style bases. Hope this helps!

3. ZSteinle

ZSteinle Well-Known Member

Don't know what brand that base is but I'd go with something heavy duty! Like a mk4 with signature see rings

4. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong at all with that Weaver rail. Do an internet search and compare weaver rail to Picatinny. The differences are barely dimensionally differences.

The scope? No idea...but you might try it to see what you like or dont like about certain features..???

5. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

How would YOU determine "heavy duty"????

6. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

If you want to run Burris rings, I recommend the Zee rings. I also recommend you retain the picatinny style rail, ring options are your friend & the picatinny style rail has a much better track record with me.

t