What rifle to get.

Everything you listed except for elk is really do-able with a 6.5 creedmoor. I wonder if the slightly less recoil combined with a really efficient brake would help stabilize the rifle. There is a video of an engineer from JP enterprises firing a braked 30-06 with the buttpad on his nose. The JP brake is fuggly but *Rule 4 Violation* if it isnt effective.

Can you post a link to the video please? Dakota79 My hat's off to you, Good luck!

Congrats sir on your drive and determination. I applaud you for keeping up with what you love. My recommendation would be a Fierce Edge or Fury. They shoot unbelievable out of the box with the listed load, printed on an actual 100 yard target, that comes with the rifle. They are durable, look nice and shoot great. Mine is topped with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x 50 in 6.5 x 284 shooting 140 grain Berger's and it has not let me down. So far longest shot with this rifle on a game animal has been 547 yards on an Antelope and it did not move after the Berger made impact other than to fall to the ground. I have two other buddies that I hunt with and they both have Fierce Rifles also and are extremely pleased with them. If you are so inclined you can even call Fierce and have them build the rifle setup that you want. Caliber, scope mounts, scope, rail for bipod, bipods, the list goes on etc. The folks there are very friendly and well versed and eager to help you with what you need. Good luck and keep hunting.

Seekins Havak: very easy to handload for

Any Fierce rifle: quality. and accurate and they provide a target in most cases showing 1/2 MOA

As some have said having a heavy rifle will combat jump and recoil. I'd also add that perhaps having a bench rest style stock. This should help with any canting of the rifle. I'd Say the Tikka T3x Varmint in 6.5 CM might fit all of your needs. I know this is not a 6.5PRC sorry. Have no experience with a rifle in that cartridge. Good luck. I'd love to see a video of you shooting once your setup. I'm wondering if you reached out to the folks in your national Paralympic shooting community they could help. I'm sure they'll have better insight and advice then me.
Again good luck and I too salute you for your intestinal fortitude and drive.

Thanks for sharing your story, I am also a quad. Car accident almost 30 years ago. Luckily, I am an incomplete and have very good use of my upper body and am able to load my own ammo. I came up with a small bracket mounted under my seat where I can mount a slightly modified Bogshot Treepod shooting rest.if you know a disabled person who would like to get into the shooting sports, please let them know that there is a plethora of information and ideas out there. Some rather unconventional, but as the saying goes, necessity and desire are the mother of invention.

As to your question, my next rifle will be a 6.5prc Savage. I have 3 Savage rifles now and absolutely love them. Probably not relevant to you, but the Accu trigger, (the reason I bought my first one, whet was introduced), is awesome for someone with compromised hands. More importantly, they are extremely accurate, and won't break the bank.

Good luck and take care.

I'm looking at getting a new rifle and here is the situation.

I am in a wheelchair and paralyzed from the neck down and on a ventilator. I have a shooting rig that connects to my wheelchair that I can steer with a joystick using my chin and when I am ready to shoot I suck on a straw that is connected to a solenoid and that pulls the trigger.

A metal plate goes under my cousin and then a pipe comes up between my legs and on top of that I connect the shooting rig. It would be comparable to a lead sled. On top of that sits my rifle.

Hopefully that gives you some kind of mental image of the whole set up.

Once everything is attached there is a lot of play and it is quite wobbly. Sure when I fire everything is nice and steady but the recoil of the rifle sure shakes the *Rule 4 Violation* out the shooting rig and even my wheelchair.

Right now I am shooting a .270 win and I'm looking at getting a 6.5 PRC in hopes of reducing the recoil but still having a 500 yard hunting rifle for prairie dogs, coyotes, antelope, deer and elk.

My mind is made up on the 6.5 PRC but I'm looking for recommendations on what one to get. I shoot quite a bit and like I said with my .270 win I am comfortable and accurate at 500 yards and have no intent of shooting at animals further than that. I want something out of the box that I don't have to tinker with to get the same results. With saying that I have no problem trying different bullets to see what the gun likes but I don't want to be making a bunch of hardware adjustments on the rifle itself.

I want something that is tough and durable and does not need to be babied while I'm pounding around the pasture on the ranch and hunting.

What make, model or brand should I be looking at?

I'm looking at getting a new rifle and here is the situation.

I am in a wheelchair and paralyzed from the neck down and on a ventilator. I have a shooting rig that connects to my wheelchair that I can steer with a joystick using my chin and when I am ready to shoot I suck on a straw that is connected to a solenoid and that pulls the trigger.

A metal plate goes under my cousin and then a pipe comes up between my legs and on top of that I connect the shooting rig. It would be comparable to a lead sled. On top of that sits my rifle.

Hopefully that gives you some kind of mental image of the whole set up.

Once everything is attached there is a lot of play and it is quite wobbly. Sure when I fire everything is nice and steady but the recoil of the rifle sure shakes the *Rule 4 Violation* out the shooting rig and even my wheelchair.

Right now I am shooting a .270 win and I'm looking at getting a 6.5 PRC in hopes of reducing the recoil but still having a 500 yard hunting rifle for prairie dogs, coyotes, antelope, deer and elk.

My mind is made up on the 6.5 PRC but I'm looking for recommendations on what one to get. I shoot quite a bit and like I said with my .270 win I am comfortable and accurate at 500 yards and have no intent of shooting at animals further than that. I want something out of the box that I don't have to tinker with to get the same results. With saying that I have no problem trying different bullets to see what the gun likes but I don't want to be making a bunch of hardware adjustments on the rifle itself.

I want something that is tough and durable and does not need to be babied while I'm pounding around the pasture on the ranch and hunting.

What make, model or brand should I be looking at?
I can only stand in awe sir for you determination. You might get a hold of Nick @ Straight Jacket Armory. Evanston Wy. Last summer they built a rig for a customer that sounds like what you are looking for. The fellow made a terrific shot on a antelope with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.