What parts do I need to build 6.5 Grendel?

nctta

I might have the cart ahead of the horse but I was just given a 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel with the type 2 bolt. I need a good parts list to complete the build. I ultimately want a good accurate hunting rifle. I know the hand guard and stock are somewhat a personal preference so I'm really looking for advice on the other parts to complete the upper and lower.

Thanks for help

I have recently built 4 Grendel's in the last 18 months and will shoot you a PM later today when I have some free time. Pretty easy build actually and I am happy to help you out.

I have recently built 4 Grendel's in the last 18 months and will shoot you a PM later today when I have some free time. Pretty easy build actually and I am happy to help you out.

I bought the plastic upper vice holder for the upper and it speeds TQ the barrels on and makes things square for installing the front gas block. piecing the firing group together if you don't have a example would be tuff the first time

Thanks for the input but I'm not concerned about the assembly process. I really just want to know which upper, lower, bcg, ect is the best for the money. I don't necessarily want to dump unneeded money in billet parts of the resulting accuracy isn't affected. I don't want to buy a bag of mil spec junk either.

finished mine last month. Started with a rear charging handle then swapped it out for a side charging upper. Much better. Check out joebobsoutfitters.com. You will love it.

I might have the cart ahead of the horse but I was just given a 20" 6.5 Grendel barrel with the type 2 bolt. I need a good parts list to complete the build. I ultimately want a good accurate hunting rifle. I know the hand guard and stock are somewhat a personal preference so I'm really looking for advice on the other parts to complete the upper and lower.

Thanks for help

I suggest truing the face of whichever receiver you buy. I used a tool from brownells. It was really easy to do. I have trued three different forged and one billet and was very surprised how out of square the faces were.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.