What load for the 50 cal. Bergara 28in. Barrel

clark270

Just bought the 28in Bergara 50 cal. In my Encore what loads shoot the best? Thinking about bh209 cci primer and Barnes bullets.

Just bought the 28in Bergara 50 cal. In my Encore what loads shoot the best? Thinking about bh209 cci primer and Barnes bullets.
You're thinking right :cool:

Edit: A buddy did the same thing and he had to switch over to crushed rib sabots for the TMZ (Harvester) until he had about 100 rounds down the barrel. Then he went straight back to the TMZ and supplied sabot. It shot very well out to 200.

How well is very good? My original TC barrel is pitted a few inches from the muzzle, was going to chop it to a 23 incher. That's what I get for being nice a lending out my stuff.

The old barrel would make inch groups at 100 yds. With the TC 300 gr. Black sabots win. Primer and 100 gr. Of pydrex pellets. Alot of things have improved in ten years.

The old barrel would make inch groups at 100 yds. With the TC 300 gr. Black sabots win. Primer and 100 gr. Of pydrex pellets. Alot of things have improved in ten years.

Started with pyrodex then to 777 and now BH209. I hope the Thor's come in different diameters, never shot a full diameter bullet out of my muzzle loader always sabots.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.