What kind of stock bedding for H@R

It's the 12 gauge thinking I have more slug choices, and heard of a few bad 20's out there. Well I got a bad 12. I don't think bedding matters a whole lot when the barrel is about a 1/4 inch thick.

Have you tried Lightfield slugs? I love them and my gun shoots them well, and from what I have seen with many H&R slug guns is that some will shoot Lightfields and nothing else. Mine in particular, I went with Lightfields first then later tried the Accu tips and Federal something with a Barnes Expander and it would not shoot them well at all.
Another good slug to try would be the Remington Copper Solid, it is an old school sabot and was one of the first I remember hearing about but it works well on deer and is usually a little cheaper than other sabot slugs.
in a 12 gauge, Lightfield Lites when zeroed at 50 yards will be the same zero for their other 12 gauge slugs, though the Hybrid and others will have a different trajectory beyond 50 yards they all have the same poi at 50 yards. They are much easier on the shoulder and wallet.

And good God get away from 3" 12 gauge slugs, no wonder you aren't getting a group.

I have tried Winchester, federal copper solids, fusions, Remington solids and Hornady sst and American hunter ones 3 and 2 3/4 and light feilds. Now I cahaged rings barrels and scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.