What is the top rangefinder these days?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Fergus Bailey, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Fergus Bailey

Fergus Bailey Well-Known Member

Guys

What is the top hand-held rangefinder on the market right now? I am looking for a good, reasonably priced, portable unit. Not the mega long range jobs like the Russian military equipment.

Thanks

Fergus

2. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

Leica 1200, IMHO..sakofan.....

3. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

The Leica 800 are also superb and real cheap. Replaced by the 1200 which is also superb. Just more of a good thing.

Jerry

4. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

Leica Geovid, 8x or 10 binocular with built in range finder.
    Pete

5. JustC

JustC Well-Known Member

just received my leica 1200 and it has effectively been within 3 yards off of vinyl siding at 1067yds (non reflective). Various houses and other objects ranged from home and from out in the world while working have proven it to me to be a super product.The 7x magnification is great as well. Buy a Leica. I have used Bushnell and they are far behind.

6. JustC

JustC Well-Known Member

just received my leica 1200 and it has effectively been within 3 yards off of vinyl siding at 1067yds (non reflective). Various houses and other objects ranged from home and from out in the world while working have proven it to me to be a super product.The 7x magnification is great as well. Buy a Leica. I have used Bushnell and they are far behind.