What is a good rangefinder?

There is a reason I own 3 LRFs right now. I tried to save money and was not satisfied. Stepped up to the leica thinking it would do alright, more money wasted. NOw I have 2 that could have been the terrapin all along. I could have 2 for the price I paid altogether

Thanks, I get what you are saying.

Do you know of a decent place to buy them?

I got the Zeiss Victory that you spoke of. Got it a couple years ago for around $800. Now I see them at $650. It hasn't let me down. I'm happy with it. Range is good out to 1400 yrds. I set my own personal limits before I bought it as to how far I would attempt shots. If I can't get a reading on the Zeiss it is too far for me to be shooting.

Easy to pack and ware around the neck and good to use for a monocular as well.

BT

p.s. oh, and by the way, yes it is true what they are saying here, I believe it too, "it is better to only cry once" over the purchase of an expensive item then to have cried several times buying a lesser product only to eventually buy the one you should have bought in the first place. That being said I am still happy with the Zeiss.

I bought mine from Potomac River Group, but since I don't have her permission I won't mention the salesperson's name. Good dealings all around; no complaints at all.

I researched quite a bit before I got mine. The most "weighted valuable" came from this site. I've never regretted following their advice in this matter. The Vectronix Terapin is the .... I did the same for scope selection. Both were very expensive, but I won't have to fool around making do with something less and my time is really valuable; I'm just barely on the "right side of seventy."

However, that's me. I did find another that gave the Terapin a run for the money and that's the Gunwerks G7. Just want to avail you my humble experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts