What is the difference between a 6.5 X284 Norma Match die and a 6.5X284 Norms die?

You need to ask the reamer manufacturer as there is no "standard" for this.
Typically, a "match" spec reamer provides additional freebore and/or tighter neck specs.

The Redding NS dies I looked at have 6.5X284 Match printed on them.My FL sizer and seater are Foresters and they have 6.5 X 284 printed on them.My Nosler Brass is stamped 6.5X 284.I have not ordered a barrel yet,but am going to order a McGowen 6.5X284 cut rifled shoulder barrel from them.I don`t want a tight throat so will probably order a Redding 6.5X284 bushing NS die after I am set up.

Depends on who designed and made/manufactured the Reamer. It is usually a tighter Neck and a longer throat. If you have the Reamer Print you can compare to a SAAMI Print.
Sorry I was talking about "REAMERS" and you wanted information on "DIES".
Match Dies usually have Neck Bushings in the Sizer Die so you can adjust neck tension and the Seating Dies, depending on the manufacture, have a sleeve to guide the bullet into the brass so it is more concentric.

^^^
Ditto :rolleyes:
Totally misread the thread title, sorry.
The Redding NS dies I looked at have 6.5X284 Match printed on them
"Looked at them" where? Got a part #?
It does sound like a neck sizing bushing die- but Redding doesn't list a "Match" die (for any chambering) in their catalog.

My personal preference….marked.
8419F291-A700-4CA7-93F0-EFEDBD613383.jpeg

I doubt there is much difference between the dies. Just get a 284 bushing die and have the best of both worlds.

Going off memory I know the Lapua/Norma brass won't chamber in a barrel cut for a 6.5x284Win or vise versus.

The 6.5 x .284 was originally a wildcat, Norma in Sweden adopted it in '99 and was later spec'd by both SAAMI and CIP.

The SAAMI and CIP specs are different. CIP spec is based upon Norma/Lapua brass (just bought a CIP spec reamer as I'm about to build one)- SAAMI spec reamer has neck dimension based on necking down .284 Winchester brass- which will have more material at the neck.

but am going to order a McGowen 6.5X284 cut rifled shoulder barrel from them.
McGowen offers three different chambers for the 6.5 x .284- Norma, Lapua, and Winchester- depending on which brass you will be using. You should call Dan and ask for the reamer neck specifications for each before placing your order.

When reloading make sure you use correct data. The Norma data is based on OAL of 3.228 as you see above. The Winchester is based upon short action OAL.

You should be using a mid-length or long action for this chambering to optimize performance.

The 6.5 x .284 was originally a wildcat, Norma in Sweden adopted it in '99 and was later spec'd by both SAAMI and CIP.

The SAAMI and CIP specs are different. CIP spec is based upon Norma/Lapua brass (just bought a CIP spec reamer as I'm about to build one)- SAAMI spec reamer has neck dimension based on necking down .284 Winchester brass- which will have more material at the neck.

McGowen offers three different chambers for the 6.5 x .284- Norma, Lapua, and Winchester- depending on which brass you will be using. You should call Dan and ask for the reamer neck specifications for each before placing your order.

When reloading make sure you use correct data. The Norma data is based on OAL of 3.228 as you see above. The Winchester is based upon short action OAL.

You should be using a mid-length or long action for this chambering to optimize performance.
Yes ,using a Tikka T3x action with the long bolt stop.I am using Nosler 6.5X284 brass.