What is the deal: Velociradar

Seems like word of a Caldwell radar chrono came out 2 or 3 years ago. I got tired of waiting and bought a Labradar last year. I'm going to keep using it since it works.

They did a great job "selling" me on it. Now, I'll sit back and wait to see what happens as you guys test them all for me. :p

Now there's at least three new/newer chronographs out there (Garmin, New Lab Radar, and the Caldwell).

MSPR of $499.99, so it'll be interesting if it puts price pressure on Garmin and Lab Radar.

On a personal note, when I think of Caldwell (the brand) I don't think of a technology leader. I think Lead Sled and other shooting rests. I own those Caldwell products but nothing else...

My Lab Radar works, so I can wait it out and see who comes out on top but I imagine I'll eventually want to upgrade to one of these newer and smaller units.

They did a great job "selling" me on it. Now, I'll sit back and wait to see what happens as you guys test them all for me. :p

Now there's at least three new/newer chronographs out there (Garmin, New Lab Radar, and the Caldwell).

MSPR of $499.99, so it'll be interesting if it puts price pressure on Garmin and Lab Radar.

On a personal note, when I think of Caldwell (the brand) I don't think of a technology leader. I think Lead Sled and other shooting rests. I own those Caldwell products but nothing else...

My Lab Radar works, so I can wait it out and see who comes out on top but I imagine I'll eventually want to upgrade to one of these newer and smaller units.
Same here! I could never justify keeping up with the Joneses; by the time I upgrade, there will be newer and better things.

Let me tell you a bad luck story, 2 weeks before everyone jumped on the garmin band wagon, I bought a magneto speed v3 new. All of a sudden used but new condition magneto's were going for $200 here and new condition labradar's $300, if I only had waited 2 more weeks I'd have more primers, powder and bullets with the money I could have saved, but no, I have a magneto speed that I hit the blade with the very first pull of the trigger, it's still working but was told it will eventually die. Me and technology don't see eye to eye very well

Let me tell you a bad luck story, 2 weeks before everyone jumped on the garmin band wagon, I bought a magneto speed v3 new. All of a sudden used but new condition magneto's were going for $200 here and new condition labradar's $300, if I only had waited 2 more weeks I'd have more primers, powder and bullets with the money I could have saved, but no, I have a magneto speed that I hit the blade with the very first pull of the trigger, it's still working but was told it will eventually die. Me and technology don't see eye to eye very well
Sounds like we have similar timing skills!!!