What do you regret buying?

Including their crap for brass!
My Hornady :)eek:) headspace gauge is junk, the holes in the collets DO NOT MEASURE WHAT IS STAMPED ON THEM!
Luckily, being an engine builder, and machinist, I cut and turned my own and had them hard anodised. They are PRECISELY .300", .320", .350, .375", .400" & .500". The last one being for a wildcat of mine.
Why they chamfer such a large amount on the holes is beyond me, all that is required is to 'break' the burr with emery cloth.

Cheers.

My Hornady :)eek:) headspace gauge is junk, the holes in the collets DO NOT MEASURE WHAT IS STAMPED ON THEM!
Luckily, being an engine builder, and machinist, I cut and turned my own and had them hard anodised. They are PRECISELY .300", .320", .350, .375", .400" & .500". The last one being for a wildcat of mine.
Why they chamfer such a large amount on the holes is beyond me, all that is required is to 'break' the burr with emery cloth.

Cheers.
Sinclair makes inserts out of stainless that fit the Hornady tool,for those that don't have a lathe at their disposal.

This is true (static electricity causing powder to stick to funnel) but I've found if I take a Bounce dryer sheet and wipe the funnel with it, the problem resolves. When it starts happening again after much use, I wipe again. I just keep the dryer sheet in my reloading room now.
I found that storing a bounce sheet in the box with the funnel and all of the drop tubes, etc... prevents any static buildup. I replace it at about a year and a half.

I forgot what should have been the #1 thing......
Buying a Leupold scope off ebay that was a counterfeit. only good thing is that I got my money back in less than a week.

Regarding anything on eBay: I buy and sell a lot there. Always look at those seller ratings. If you are buying from a 100% rated guy with more than 100 transactions, you can be sure he's not knowingly misrepresenting something or trying to cheat you. (I'm currently 100% with 1350 transactions.) Look for good descriptions with many photos. AVOID bidding wars! Decide what you will pay early and bid at the last moment.

An Oehler 35p Chronograph. That thing was such a hassle to set up that I hardly ever used it. The only good thing about it was that some sucker bought it from me for double what I paid.

Dillon 550 press. I used it to crank out about 500 rounds each of 357, 10mm and 45 ACP then sold it. It took up too much space and I just don't do enough high volume shooting to need it.

Reloader 17 powder. I couldn't get that stuff to work in anything!

Nosler 338 RUM brass. It was like loading powder into a case made out of Playdoh.

Alco bullets, enough said.

Anything that says Made in China!!! RCBS chargemaster that will not throw consistent charges from one to the next. Someone on another thread I need a gizmo to stabilize the electricity going into the unit. I guess you never stop buying something

I bought 2 at the same time because of how great everyone said they were. I've tried everything and am still getting .2 grain occasionally and about .1 grain overthrows 50% of the time.

I bought 2 at the same time because of how great everyone said they were. I've tried everything and am still getting .2 grain occasionally and about .1 grain overthrows 50% of the time.
Have you tuned/adjusted/reprogrammed it? Did you do the McDonalds straw trick? All of this helped mine tremendously. There's a video on youtube showing you step-by-step how to do it.

Of course you're still going to get the occasional .1 or .2 grain overthrows...It's automated, and it's not perfect. When that happens, you just pick out a couple kernels and put them back into the hopper, and let the scale settle. Takes a couple seconds and it's no big deal.

I regret buying a 21st Century neck turning lathe for my 338LM. I should have purchased the 21st Century power Lathe first, but I tried to take the less expensive route. Both are superior tools, I am stuck with an extra one now. Anyone interested in purchasing, please PM me. AD

Have you tuned/adjusted/reprogrammed it? Did you do the McDonalds straw trick? All of this helped mine tremendously. There's a video on youtube showing you step-by-step how to do it.

Of course you're still going to get the occasional .1 or .2 grain overthrows...It's automated, and it's not perfect. When that happens, you just pick out a couple kernels and put them back into the hopper, and let the scale settle. Takes a couple seconds and it's no big deal.

I've done everything that has ever been discussed on these things. I have bushings instead of straws, ferrite chokes, anti static mat grounded to the earth, reprogrammed following several peoples methods and wiped with dryer sheets. They are junk. If I wanted to pick powder out of 90% of the charges, I would have stuck with a beam scale.

Redding neck dies, I could never get them to work. Many people love them, but mine always were off concentricity.

I thought I was the only one!!!

Worst reloading device I ever bought was the Hornady Auto Charge Powder measure. I worked through many of the caveats with this device and thought it was working well. However the digital scale portion of it wandered all over the place. When I would verify against my RCBS beam and my $29 Frankfort Arsenal digital scale, the Hornady would routinely drift.

Side note, best money ever spent on reloading equipment is any measuring device, like the Sinclair concentricity gauge, Hornady OAL gauge, Hornady headspace comparator tool, etc... It's better to know than assume.

Side note, best money ever spent on reloading equipment is any measuring device, like the Sinclair concentricity gauge, Hornady OAL gauge, Hornady headspace comparator tool, etc... It's better to know than assume.
I have many of the same tools from different manufacturers. It really helps rule out mistakes prior to going to the range.