What do you guys think?

OK, OK, enough already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif All I really wanted to do was see if Cabelas had pilots for the Forester neck turner..........

Its ough somethin' thirty. Behind me on the work bench is a tray of 338 Win cases at the clean the primer pocked stage getting ready for some RL-22 and Sierra 2600s and here I am reading articles on the stupid computer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm gonna report this thread to the moderator! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've read so many magazine articles that seem to have been poured out of the same mould. I started into Ian's lead artical with my typical pickem' apart attitude.

I did the quote thing and was going to respond point by point. [One of the beauties of the idea, Ian] One can be interactive and give immediated feed back to the writer. Cool huh?

I didn't get very far until I commented: yea, with their elbows on the counter they get the 5s @ 100 how about with their elbows on the bench? The further down you handled that topic with great skill. Kudos to ya. Note, I gave up on the point by point thinger. Tis a very well written article. Twas a good read.

Long and short if it is yep, your idea is a great one. Only one comment: May I speak loudly here, ok? PLEASE, ONLY ONE ARTICLE PER THREAD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Its pretty addictive, and I'm burnin' daylight. Maybe a new category? I studied the entire thread then looked at the clock. (Frown)

Have the coyote life sized steel coyote out at 789yds that I'm gonna hit at least once today even if I have to camo up and sneak up on it!

Itsa good thing the shooting bench is in the back yard.

Maybe I otta figure out how to lug a life sized steel buffalo around, maybe I'd hit it more often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian, this is a great idea for the site as many a new arrival would love to get some instant answers which could be found in articles of that nature. Or for those of us that haunt the net seeking what has been missing in the gun rags for decades now... Quality non biased articles on virtually any shooting topic. These articles could provide a valued service to the shooting public. Best regards, and good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
Ian, this is a great idea for the site as many a new arrival would love to get some instant answers which could be found in articles of that nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point - I fit the bill to the tee on this - new member trolling through the forum with the search engine and I stumbled across this thread... very good read. I thought that the idea was great as well.... I wonder if it is possibly too labor intensive to write these?? Most of the responses seemed favorable to the idea of articles.... kinda wondering why it didn't happen?

One thing I have noticed - there is a LOT of good info here - some threads have 2k plus reads to them - a lot of persons reading them. An idea?? How about a section dedicated to Sticky's... i.e. a section of favorite reads, much like the basics section, but all sticky's related to special topics of interest... maybe a feature that could be incorporated more easily than articles?? Or maybe an article that gets a lot of feedback/dialogue.... there is a lot of experience in these well read threads - it would make it easier for us newbies. Thinking out loud here - just my 2c as I type.

I especially like the varied opinions here - respectfully put forward, but it seems like there is always someone with the different perspective or take in a lot of the threads on this site. The members for the most part are definitely articulate and their responses well thought out (for the most part). It seems that these threads are the most rewarding for the newbie lrh member - I see threads were someone puts forth a statement with several other members asking and getting clarification - helps us newbies again to see the thought process in the thread.

Now, if I can just get my rifle to fiftyd and get that fast twist barrell installed I will be writing/reading less and shooting more... at long range that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.