What dies to get for .338 lapua magnum reloading?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by cirionrc, May 24, 2013.

1. cirionrc

cirionrc New Member

Well was shopping for dies for my rcbs rock chucker and there are bushing neck sets and seating die sets. What dies do i need? I have a guy gonna show me the ropes but wanna have all the equipment there.

RCBS Neck Bushing Die Set .338 Lapua

RCBS Gold Medal Seat Die 338 Lapua

Will i need both of these?

2. robert6715

robert6715 Well-Known Member

If you want the best dies for your 338LM then get these Redding Competition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set 338 Lapua Mag other dies will work but I think the others will agree that its hard to beat the Redding competition dies. These dies support the case thru the sizing and seating process-making some very concentric and accurate ammo. Just make sure that whatever bushing die you go with to remove the expander.

Hope this helps Rob

3. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

Cirionrc
    If you decide to go with the RCBS Gold Medal Seating Die, you'll have to have Huntington make you a set of top punch/guide dies for the 338. They are not a standard item, but they can make them for you in just a few weeks. Nice folks at Huntingtons.

Rob
    The Redding Competition NS dies that I have don't have neck expander buttons, so you must have the correct bushing size.