what did I do?

Is your magazine box binding/preventing your stock from being fully seated? That's about the only thing I can think of that would physically prevent your stock from clamping all the way down against the action. The mag box should be loose enough in there to be jiggled a little bit--if it's not, that will tell you it's a culprit.

But I also recommend getting a different stock--you've upgraded 50% of the rifle component(s) that should get you better accuracy, with the other 50% being a better stock (preferably bedded, too).

Otherwise the scope could be at fault, or your bore could be really dirty.

I tried removing the box and putting it together without it, did not help.

Can't get a new stock right now because i don't have the money for a good one. (i.e. With all the features I want) And I refuse to buy a cheap one only to replace it later, that's basically how I got the factory to start with :D

morning, very good info mudrunner. I have bought stocks for my WBEE's

from Stocky's very good construction. THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

1/2 MOA 10 shot groups In factory SPS?..... I'd prob just put it in the closet next to my pet unicorn and call it a day. What ever secret sauce was in that thing prob leaked out when you pulled the stock.

My son had a similar problem with his 700, newly torqued action screws caused a loss in accuracy...

It is a common problem with stock changes and repair/replace operations with Savages as
well (often harder to detect)...Afterward the front action screw actually can touch the recoil lug..A slight mis-alignment of the bolt/case/chamber can make a drastic change in precision...This can often be felt by resistance when closing or opening the bolt but not always...Marking the recoil lug with a sharpie, lamp black or bluing and cycling the bolt with a loaded round (or dummy round indoors) will most often reveal interference of this sort..

A simple check for a common problem and an easy fix with a good file, might be worth the time to check.

Just a thought and good luck,
Randy

It is a common problem with stock changes and repair/replace operations with Savages as
well (often harder to detect)...Afterward the front action screw actually can touch the recoil lug..
I think you mean locking (bolt) lug.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.