what chrony

outdooraddict

I am looking at getting a chrono for load testing and am wondering which one to get. I was looking at the beta master at cabelas does any one have experience with it.

I use a Shooting Chrony less and less all the time. At least the older models change velocity as much as 100fps when the sun goes behind a cloud or as the light dims as sunset approaches.

I use the CED Millennium 2 with the IR screens. It works great but in freezing weather you need to keep the screen portion warm. I built a small cardboard box that I insulated and put a couple handwarmers in. Then it works great even in VERY cold temperatures.

AJ

I wish I could tell you what chronograph to get, mine is an Oehler 35 that is not made any more . so all I can tell you is what not to get.
DO NOT GET anything that is Shooters Chrony, I had one then I shot it then I shot it again then I smashed it with a large rock and profaned loudly, then attended anger management and I am still ****ed that I wasted my money.
UB
p.s. I am a glass is half full kind of guy if I was glass is half empty the review might not have been so positive !!!!!!!!!!

I use the CED Millennium 2 with the IR screens. It works great but in freezing weather you need to keep the screen portion warm. I built a small cardboard box that I insulated and put a couple handwarmers in. Then it works great even in VERY cold temperatures.

AJ
AJ
Your report on the CED is the first I have heard or read that was anything but positive. Can you tell us what problems you have had.
Since the 35P is no longer available I had figured the CED millennium was absolutely the best choice, especially with the IR option.
James

YOU'RE RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

MY OPINION, THE CED Millennium 2 IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE 35P.
Technology has just gotten ahead of it! No offense ment to 35p users. ;)

I've used most of the ones out there over the past 20 years with mixed emotions about them all. Last one was the 35P.

Been using the PVM-21 for the past six months with great satisfaction.

Expect to pay about $800.00, but in today's world...quality doesn't come cheap.

I have had one of the new CED M2's since they came out. It is wonderful, and reads much better in low light conditions than the original mellenium. I also have the Infared Screen kit, but don't use it outside. I still get very consistant measurements with it using the factory sky screens.

NOTE: do not buy this chrono if you ever plan on testing arrow speeds from bows or crossbows. It will only accurately and consistant read arrows WITOUT fletchings (Bare Shaft). The fletchings cause errors as it thinks the chrono is seeing muzzle blast.

Joel

Last edited:
AJ
Your report on the CED is the first I have heard or read that was anything but positive. Can you tell us what problems you have had.
Since the 35P is no longer available I had figured the CED millennium was absolutely the best choice, especially with the IR option.
James

It's a very good Chrono, but it doesn't work (doesn't turn on, doesn't work at all!!) in freezing temperatures unless you keep it warm. If you read the manual, it even says the temp range is above 32F

AJ

i left my ced sitting on the picnic table at the ranch did'nt relieze it till i went to get it out of the box to down load the data . my brother put every thing in the box except the display it got rained on two different days that week. changed the batteries and it still works fine

Junk

i just order a ced m2 yesterday. but i had to give the old shooting chronny one last shot. i had loaded up some test rounds and out of 15 rounds i had 6 erro!!!!!! so i gave it the last shot right threw the display. that was the best shot it ever had go threw it.

SHOOTING CHRONNY = ONE HUNDRED % JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts