What chronograph

I've got one of each of the big three types; optical, magnetospeed, and labradar.

The optical hasn't left it's bag since I got the labradar. I will most likely wind up eventually selling the magnetospeed.

I tried to find out last year and couldn't. Labradar will not see anything over 4000 fps is what I was told. That leaves us little 20 cal guys out. Never did like the idea of hanging something on the barrel. Finding your FPS node and then your accuracy sight in takes two different steps. AR guys can hang it on the hand guard.

The MagnetoSpeed has been tested by multiple independent people and is with in 5 fps (consistently) of the lab radar. And the 5 fps is usually faster. The MagnetoSpeed is as little as $170 vs $600 for the lab radar.

To say nothing else comes close is, I belive, not accurate.

That said...
If I had the choise and cost was not a problem, I would take the Labradar any day.

The MagnetoSpeed has been tested by multiple independent people and is with in 5 fps (consistently) of the lab radar. And the 5 fps is usually faster. The MagnetoSpeed is as little as $170 vs $600 for the lab radar.

To say nothing else comes close is, I belive, not accurate.

That said...
If I had the choise and cost was not a problem, I would take the Labradar any day.

To have to attach it to your barrel that changes the barrel harmonics and load development is thrown off. Proven fact as that is why they use tuners to adjust the harmonics. You have retest loads when you are forced to take it off. Waste of time, barrels and bullets. Those are $

To have to attach it to your barrel that changes the barrel harmonics and load development is thrown off. Proven fact as that is why they use tuners to adjust the harmonics. You have retest loads when you are forced to take it off. Waste of time, barrels and bullets. Those are $
Not in my case. POI maybe a tad off, but group size remains the same.

I've got one of each of the big three types; optical, magnetospeed, and labradar.

The optical hasn't left it's bag since I got the labradar. I will most likely wind up eventually selling the magnetospeed.

Spot on, agree completely. Tried a Magneto speed, sold it after two uses. I like to Chronograph all shots during load development and it isn't as easy to do with the Magneto speed. Lab Radar is the bomb if you can afford it. I still have a Chrony for the rounds that do more than 4000 fps but other than that LR is the go to, also love the quick and easy setup..

I use a Magnetospeed and love it. I've thought about getting a LabRadar but I see guys at the range struggling to get it to work and wonder if the guys online who say how easy it is to use are genius or what.

Never had a lick of problem getting a LR to read properly. Just follow the instructions for sighting the unit and it works 100%. Not a genius, well actually I am, but many of my non-genius friends have LRs too and none of them has ever had any problems either. Can't imagine what the guys at your range are doing wrong, even without reading the instructions it is pretty intuitive, much easier than getting a Chrony set up correctly.

I use a Magnetospeed and love it. I've thought about getting a LabRadar but I see guys at the range struggling to get it to work and wonder if the guys online who say how easy it is to use are genius or what.
Labradar can definitely miss some shots. It is usually something correctable in the settings or how you have it mounted that is the culprit.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.