What bullet weight would you run

deerhunterjj

Hello i just bought a mcmillan 300win mag its got a 1:12 twist barrel i have not check but thats what the owner i got it from thought it was. Any way he said that it liked 190s the best but shot 175 good to. (Berger VLDs) I picked up a box of 190s and 175s hunting vlds to start loading once the neck turning polite gets here. My question is i will be shooting out to a 1000 hitting steal and im going to do some long range deer hunting with it as well. What would you guys recommend running for bullet weight. Im really leaning towards the 190s but would like your guys advice it never hurts sometimes for opinions thanks.

If it shoots the 190's good, go for it. Alot of guys shooting 1K are using heavier bullets, but I don't know that a 1-12 will shoot the 200's and heavier.

Thats my thoughts as well the 190s are showing a 1:12 Or faster. I may be able to run the 200s on the high end and be ok but no since in pushing it to the max. Thanks for the response i really appreciate it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.