What brake is this?

It looks like this ugly dog!

JP Howitzer/Sherman Tank Muzzle Brake
Large, double baffle surface area captures forward moving gases to actually pull the gun forward... nearly canceling out rearward recoil completely. Almost 100% recoil reduction... Without question, the most effective muzzle brake we've ever seen.
ORDER 127-JPE JP Muzzle Brake Installed $159
ORDER 127-JPES JP Brake (Stnls) Installed $179

I'd be kind of surprised if you would get the recoil reduction, with a 30 cal magnum, that they show on that video. They may have been shooting 110gr bullets - who knows?

It can be seen here:

Muzzle brakes and magnaports, recoil compensators reduce kick and muzzle rise. Our muzzle brakes reduce recoil, retain accuracy and velocity while making your rifle or handgun comfortable to shoot.

Last edited:
Yep looks like the Armalite brake to me , I shot an AR-30 in 338 Lapua and it had more recoil with the brake than it did with a suppressor so that tells me that the break isin't that good of a desgine for the massive size.

JP Muzzle Brake

About three years ago I had the opportunity at the Benchrest Club to shoot three rifles with the JP Muzzle Brake; a 30-378 Weatherby, 300 Weatherby, and a 300 Winchester. The gentleman who owned them father was an amateur gunsmith and installed the JP Brake on all the rifles.

There was virtually no recoil with the 30-378, a little with the 300 Weatherby, while the 300 Winchester had the most noticeable recoil. The bigger the cartridge, the less recoil in this comparison.

While the owner of the JP brakes was shooting next to me, the muzzle blast would blow my hair a little. Surprisely, the muzzle blast was not any louder than my unbraked 300 Weatherby. I was really surprised by lack of muzzle blast since I was around other type muzzle brakes including the Weatherby muzzle brakes, and IMO, the JP brakes was the "quietest". I was wearing ear muffs.

I sent an message to the maker of the video and just got an answer, it´s an brake from Armalite with a price tag of $175 he says.

I have orderd a .750 brake from Shawn at Defensive Edge a cupple of days ago.
I hope to have it here soon, have a mith that waits for it right now, he vill soon close the shop for some hunting and christmas, I hope to have it installed before that.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.