What is this?

Tikkamike

I dont know where to put this so I figured I would put it where I am likely to get the fastest response. when i go to my profile and push the statistics tab I see I have one "referal"... what is that? is that a hand slap?

This is from the FAQs

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.
You gain referrals by promoting LongRangeHunting Online Magazine using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=5
Each time someone follows this link to LongRangeHunting Online Magazine and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.
Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting LongRangeHunting Online Magazine by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.
Can I email a link to a friend?
Another useful email function is the ability to send a friend a link to a thread you think they may find interesting. Whenever you view a thread, you will find a link somewhere on the page which will allow you to send a brief message to anyone you like. Your referrer ID is added to the link you send, so if your friend registers on this forum as a result of viewing the link you sent to them, your referrals total will automatically be credited.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.