what base and rings to get......

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by switchrodeo7, Jun 21, 2011.

1. switchrodeo7

switchrodeo7 New Member

I recently purchased a Savage 111 LRH 7mm and have picked up a Zeiss 6x24x50 scope to mount on it. Now I just need to find a good base and rings to do the mounting.....I was directed to the Farrell website by a friend and was told to get a 20moa base. Now the million dollar question is which model do I need.

If there is a better base in your opinion what would it be?

Also, which rings should I get on top of all that?

Can't wait to get the scope mounted and get out and shoot.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I had this problem before the 111 isn't listed right? If I remember correctly you need the base for a model 110 with a round rear receiver. Someone correct me if I am wrong.. I think the farrel base is good. I have never used one but was going to then I ended up with a badger base instead. I have heard good things about farrel though.

3. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

Your right Mike. NF has a base that will work too,

4. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

5. thechamp

thechamp Well-Known Member

You might try the Burris Signature rings. They have a polymer insert that protects the scope tube. And they are used by bench rest shooters so you know they will do their job. You can get them in the Weaver (ZEE is what they call theirs) style or the traditional front turn in and rear windage adjustable. I've been using them for years and never had an issue. I've used them on 300 Wby mags with no problem as well as a 7 Mag Colt Sauer that shot .25" - .5" groups consistently.

6. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Whenever possible I like to use the same manufacturer on both base and rings. If you go with the Ferrell base it would make perfect sense to use his rings as well.