What base and rings for Sako action?

Don't know if you have purchased yet. I just went through this same issue. I chose to go with Richard at Nearmfg.com and use his 20 MOA Base and Alpha ringset. 20 MOA is a bit more than I need. However, Both are made by Near Mfg and are made for each other. My opinion is that matched components will provide the best possible fit for a scope setup.

It will be nice to mount a base and ring set that are specifically made for my Sako 75 7STW. I also have a Leo 4.5 X14 X 40 w/ 30mm Tube rings that I will be using. The 30mm tube will provide a bit of extra surface contact for the rings - that should help with any recoil. It will also give a few more MOA adjustments when compared to a 1" tube.

Perhaps next year I can upgrade to a Swaorski or Nightforce.

+1 On the 30mm tube!!!

The VX IIIs and the MK4 leupolds have a generous amount of MOAs built in.

J E CUSTOM

I really appreciate all advices you guys have given to me. It's nice to have several options. I've opted for Burris base and rings with insert, since this is the simplest solution. If this proves impractical, then I'd try Near's system. Both these companies have been very attentive to my requirements.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.