What are the last 3 rifles you sold and why?

I know a lot of guys regret selling rifles. I've only sold 2. One was a wood stock ADL in 30-06 that kicked like a mule, the other was a tang safety Ruger .270 that I swear I shot 200 rounds through trying to get it to shoot.... only to find out the problem was the brand spanking new Redfield scope.
No regrets on either one.

1. Savage 110 (6.5-284)
2. CZ 527 (.22 Hornet)
3. Marlin 60

Why? (this part is optional). But for me, it was to buy a couple more rifles, of course!

I think I have reached nirvana with my collection. This may be subject to change!
Q: What are the last 3 rifles you sold and why?

A: None. In 2023, I added 8 rifles and a handgun.

My first CF rifle is the only rifle I have sold. It was a Parker Hale 1200 Deluxe in 22-250 that I bought new.
It shot 5 shot groups of around .75" at 100 yards which was great back in the late seventies.
The issue was it wouldn't chamber a quick second shot, the cartridge slammed into the top of the end of the barrel rather than into the chamber. Not ideal when I was trying to cull mobs of goats.
It was replaced by a Ruger M77 in 220 Swift which I still have.

1986 Marlin 336 30-30 (why did I do that!)

1988 Colt King Cobra 6" 357 mag (Why!?!?!)

I sold a bunch of .40 cal pistols

Sold the 30-30 to buy a Marlin X 45-70.

Sold the King Cobra because I'm a big dummy.

Sold pistols to replace with all 9mm (ease of ammo stockpile)

The 30-30 and 357 are the two biggest bonehead sales.

Not all rifles, but sold none the less.
Rem 870
Ruger #1B in 338win mag
Mossberg 22LR
Glock 24C Long slide.

Had to put oil in the tank to keep my family warm after a construction accident when I was self employed. Wish I could say I regret it, but family first. That was about 16yrs ago.

Miss the Glock and Ruger.

Last edited: