What are the last 3 rifles you sold and why?

I have sold and traded many throughout the years. Most to my regret. I made pact with myself that I won't sell or trade anymore off. If I don't have the cash for the next latest and greatest I don't need it.
The last ones I sent down the road were a Ruger 77 Hawkeye ftw hunter 30-06 because the opportunity came to trade for a stainless ruger 25-06. The other was a Winchester model 70 heavy varmint 222 that I couldn't get to shoot worth a darn. Looking back i probably should've invested more time into it to get it figured out.

-Kimber 84L Classic, 30-06
-Montana Rifle Company X2, 7 Rem Mag
-Savage 16 243

Kimber was sold to payoff medical debt and since the MS diagnosis my right eye is funky for shooting so I am a lefty shooter by default now so I want a lefty bolt gun anyhow. Also I have old near and dear 270 that's basically the same thing. The gun was beautiful though…

Montana was sold at the beginning of my debt free journey. It was a great rifle and shot like a bat out of hell but I really only hunt Whitetail's and I had a 30-06 and a 270 which again the 7 RM isn't beating by enough to make a lick of difference. Also was an impulse buy, I wanted a MRC X2 some kinda fierce and it was a hell of a deal but I was shopping for a short action and I didn't stick to my own plan.

Savage was gonna be a project gun and I did replace the trigger with a Timney and hunt with it a whole season taking 3 deer. All deer were recovered but I didn't have a single pass through on any and these are under 130lb southern deer. That spooked me a bit. Also looking at parts there weren't many stock options for the first gen savage screw spacing at the time. That was almost 7 years ago

Last edited:
Christensen Arms Traverse in 300 PRC-Buddy wanted it for his Moose Hunt in Alaska, so I sold it to him.

Christensen Arms TI Carbon in 28 Nosler-Same Buddy wanted it more than I did and I already had several 7mm's to play with.

Kimber Varminter in 22-250- Just wanted something different so I sold it and bought an older model 700 with a varmint barrel and laminated stock in 22-250 to take it's place.

I miss the Traverse. It was a 1/2 MOA shooter out to 600 and about 3/4 MOA out to 1000 verified at the range. I replaced it with a McWhorters Custom that is a one hole shooter at 100 yards with 215's but have not had a chance to ring it out at any distance.

The 28 Only had about 20 shells down the tube. I was in load development when I sold it. I twas looking very promising with the 175 Elite Hunters but with so few rounds shot, hard to tell. I don't think he has pulled the trigger on it since I sold it to him.

I usually follow up on all my gun sales, make sure buyer is satisfied. Or to help with a load for it.
This is good. If you derived a lot of satisfaction from developing a load I think there's also a lot of satisfaction (and validation of your own skills) to have it work well for the next person. I deal with a good LGS where I sell a lot of my stuff and always present my loads/groups to them. They may not necessarily care but it follows that if you took the time to develop a good load, you probably took good care of the rifle too. I also like to have friends shoot a group with my rifles once in a while for a reality check.

My first CF rifle is the only rifle I have sold. It was a Parker Hale 1200 Deluxe in 22-250 that I bought new.
It shot 5 shot groups of around .75" at 100 yards which was great back in the late seventies.
The issue was it wouldn't chamber a quick second shot, the cartridge slammed into the top of the end of the barrel rather than into the chamber. Not ideal when I was trying to cull mobs of goats.
It was replaced by a Ruger M77 in 220 Swift which I still have.
My first centerfire rifle was a Parker-Hale 1200 in 7mm RM. I bought it the summer of 1976; I remember the day I bought it, my brother and our mutual friend went to see the original Midway movie. My dad picked us up after the movie and we went to the gun store, where he bought it. I remember coming home and just drooling over it. I shot an antelope that fall, then shot a few deer with it while I was in college and stationed at Ft. Riley. I took it with me to Alaska and sold it there. Wish I still had it.

I can't remember the last gun I sold; I had an FFL for years, but never sold anything with it once the NICs checks became law. I turned it my FFL so I suppose now I can sell some. The only thing I would sell now is a Ruger Alaskan Redhawk in .454 Casull; that thing is a beast and I have since bought a 4" .44 Mag Redhawk.

A better question for me would be "What guns have you bought that you have never fired?" Ans: .375 H&H Whitworth, a custom stocked .243, and 2 high end Citoris. I have a Beretta SxS that I have shot a few clays with but that is about it.

I gifted to relatives in compliance with Washington state law:
Ruger M77 MKII, 243W, McGowen 8T, Leupold VX3 4.5-14X40
Kimber 84M, 308W, McGowen 10T, Weaver GS 4.5-14X40
CZ 457, .17 HMR, Weaver GS 6-20X40

And traded for optics at LGS:
Kimber 1911, .45 Auto

Last edited:
This is good. If you derived a lot of satisfaction from developing a load I think there's also a lot of satisfaction (and validation of your own skills) to have it work well for the next person.
Lol, I at times can inflate my knowledge or skill levels.
I sold a Henry Big Boy Steel 357 mag on here. Told the buyer of its exploits, then asked if he wanted components that I could ship, bullets, brass.
He said he had a recipe and components, I was this ( ) close to outright telling him he needed to try my recipe. Thankfully, what little common sense I have kicked in and let it go.
I'm not even a fan of lever rifles, but man that thing was fun when we brought it out.

I sold/traded in two rifles in my life and both I was so stupid. Early 90's bought a 788 in .308 and a guy at work offered me twice what I paid the next day. (Super Dumb) Late 90's bought a 300WM Sendero dirt cheap and traded it for 686. (Idiot move)

I sold/traded in two rifles in my life and both I was so stupid. Early 90's bought a 788 in .308 and a guy at work offered me twice what I paid the next day. (Super Dumb) Late 90's bought a 300WM Sendero dirt cheap and traded it for 686. (Idiot move)
I made a similar idiot mistake in the 80's with a custom 30-06 I put a lot of time and work into. It was based on a customized Remington 30S action, a 26" barrel (can't recall the make), a beautiful grained Bishop high cheek stock with customized white lined recoil pad and grip cap, and white lined 45 degree rosewood front cap, and a glass bedding job. After several coats of Tru Oil, it was a piece of art.

I hunted one season with that beauty, and a good friend fell in love with it also. So much so, he pestered me for a few months to sell it to him, and eventually, he made an offer to good for me to refuse. Or, so I thought. With the agreement he would never sell or trade it without giving me the first option to buy back, I sold it to him. He hunted with it one year, and the following year, he showed up for a deer hunt with his old lever gun. I inquired about the rifle, and he reluctantly said he had sold it to help cover a debt.

I think that was the one deal that broke me from future sales of my personal rifles. It still haunts me to this day....LOL

Last edited: