What are the last 3 rifles you sold and why?

Had to think back, A Stevens 22 when I was a teen ,need some cash. Model 4 in 30-06 in 1989 because the barrel kept loosening, I was heavy any way a only took one shot to kill, replaced it with a Winchester model 70 30-06, and 2 243 Ruger 77 in wood that I bought to sell, got it real cheap. wish I kept it, it had real nice wood. still have all the rest and considering 1 more. lol

I've debated since this morning to post or not. Sore subject for me. I'm sure there are more than I can remember and this is only in the last 3 years. Most in 2023. I won't bore you with models and makers. All sold because needed cash. Bidenomics.
3 shotguns ,10 rifles and 9 pistols .
4 rifles I won. 3 pistols I won. Some never fired. Some haven't shot in 20 years. Not counting guns above, I also gave a 1903 Springield to a friend . Gave a 22 Savage semi auto I won and a 22 Chipmunk rifle to a buddy for his son. Gave a pistol I won to my son.
I've sold many guns in my lifetime. Have bought 5 times more than sold. I still have more than I can use and many haven't been shot in Many years. Some I won't ever sell. 3 periods in my life that I've had to sell guns because needed money. After every time I've said never again... I'm just glad I had to be able to so. I've had I wish I still had but many have taken their place 😉

Last edited:
The "why" is very interesting to me. I know there are a large number of great pre-owned rifles out there, but there are also a significant number of used rifles with issues. If I had the gunsmith skills, I would probably buy more used rifles.
I got a lh lss 30-06 with a 3-10 weaver on it years back for 550 when they were 800+ for the rifle alone. The thing had hardly been shot. I found out after getting it home the guy must have been drunk when he mounted the bases/rings as they weren't right; the stock also had a slight warp and was pressing on one side of the barrel. After correcting these issues the rifle shoots just fine. Sometimes it's the little things... I have a 7rum and a 300rum that both had small issues keeping them from shooting well also. It's not usually big issues or shot out pipes.

H&R M12 #1 that I hadn't shot in over a decade.
H&R M12 #2 that I hadn't shot in over a decade.
Remington 9.3x62 that I just lost all interest in.

I've still got 4 (or more) that I should put up for sale, but I've been keeping an eye on the market for them and right now doesn't seem like they're bringing any money.

Sold a New Ultra Light Arms .284 Winchester a few months ago. It was a really good rifle. My bighorn hunt ended with a 675 yard shot. I got him but sold the rifle to fund a 300 WSM lightweight build for those long shots.
Glock 41 .22 pistol. Just not accurate enough. Replaced with a volquartsen classic. Now this gun is a shooter!
Old Savage 7-08. Set up for my 12 year old daughter 23 years ago. She shot 4 elk and 4 bucks with it her first 4 years. I shot two more elk with it 15 years ago but otherwise it sat unused. It helped fund the new 300.

Added one to my list today.
Bergara HMR 7RM - Too heavy for my liking. I rarely pulled it out of the safe. Now I need to decide if I want another 7RM. Brass and dies say yes, but how many 7mm rifles does a man need?
Yes, I think you need another 7RM! I'm currently looking for a 7mm support group. My name is John and I'm a hunt/load/shoot aholic. My drug/caliber of choice is 7mm.

Technically I've never sold a gun . I did however give one to a young man one time as a gift . It was an interarms 30-06 . I gave it to him with the stipulations of it's never to be sold , if you get in a position that it has to be be sold bring it to me and I'll buy it back . It'll never come to that I'm sure unless he'd get hurt and couldn't work but there's a chance .
Then I traded a model 70 in 264 win mag for a 7 mm stw once . Not saying that I hadn't drooled over anything in 7 stw since I first saw one in the nosler reloading manual when I was about 10-12 . But now I kinda kick myself in the seat of the pants thinking what was I thinking . That model 70 had only been shot maybe 10 times total . Had lots of fun with the stw though not gonna lie

Started hunting in 73 (age 12) with a Winchester 94. I bought it at JC Penny's for $79. By the '90s I had a couple other rifles, so when I wanted to bow hunt I traded the 94 for a compound bow. I still look at '94s in gun shops for the one with my initials stamped on the side. (My dad's suggestion) I had a Ruger Blackhawk 357 maximum that I traded for new tires on the family car when my kids were babies. When my son in law wanted to hunt 20 years ago I gave him the Winchester 70 7mm RM that I had used for 15 years. I had found my perfect match in a Savage 99 featherweight. When I picked up a Savage 110 in 7 mm a few years ago, I traded it for my old model 70 back . Haven't sold any for awhile. Now I just buy another gun cabinet or safe every few years.