What all calibers from a 270 win bolt face?

Your options are almost endless...

Personally, I would go with a .280 AI or .25-06 AI. That would be something functional and out of the ordinary.

Anything based off an '06 or .308 cartridge will fit. If that's not enough options for you a C-note and change will get you a magnum bolt.

Like the title says. If im building off of a 270 win and wanting to rebarrel but dont necessarily want another 270, what are my other options off of that bolt face?[/quote]

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f37/bolt-face-diameters-36661/

Thanks for the link! So what i gather from this is as long as it has a bolt face of .470 i can rebarrel to any of those? Do a short action caliber on a long action? That kinda thing? Correct me if im wrong please.

Any cartridge (long or short action) that uses a standard bolt face will work. You can go to a magnum cartridge if you open up the bolt face. You can basically have anything you want that uses standard or larger, just not smaller. I believe Feenix put a list together that would help you alot.

Feenix and MudRunner2005 must be moderators or something because they are always the within the top 5 first post. Don't get me wrong guys you are very knowledgeable and I look up to both of you. But **** your quick on the trigger.

Feenix and MudRunner2005 must be moderators or something because they are always the within the top 5 first post. Don't get me wrong guys you are very knowledgeable and I look up to both of you. But **** your quick on the trigger.

L:DL! Today is my day off from work and I've been fixing over a thousand pictures all day that my wife took on her hikes so jumping into the forum is a nice break. :cool:

My excuse is I work on a computer all day drawing blueprints, so I always have my forums up for when I'm on breaks and get bored. Which seems to "happen" pretty often. :D

Plus at night I have nothing better to do but surf the forums and watch TV till I fall asleep.

If you are interested in wildcats, this is an excellent opportunity to build something off of the 6.5 Sherman case which has a .270 parent. Here are some examples with 26" barrels
6.5 3200' with 140
.270 3150 with 150
.280 3100 with 160
.308 3000 with 190

I have reamers and custom dies and the cases are easy to form......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.