what action?

j-speers

i cant narrow down what action to go with when i build my .280rem im thinking either a savage because there strong cheap all kinds of aftermarket support and so on but i hate the safty on them, the other one i was looking at was the howa 1500 but there isent as much support for there but i like the safty much more, i know a 700 would solve this problem but i like to be diffrent. any other suggegons are welcome but i need something budget freindly gun)

There is actually a lot of after market equipement for the Howa 1500. Any bases and rings that fit a Rem 700 will fit the Howa 1500 and there are a number of after market stocks available for them.

I dont have any experience with a Savage but my 1500 action is a solid peice of work.

-MR

i cant narrow down what action to go with when i build my .280rem im thinking either a savage because there strong cheap all kinds of aftermarket support and so on but i hate the safty on them, the other one i was looking at was the howa 1500 but there isent as much support for there but i like the safty much more, i know a 700 would solve this problem but i like to be diffrent. any other suggegons are welcome but i need something budget freindly gun)

The Weatherby Vanguard is still being sold for under $400,oo
at many stores and makes a very good donor.

It's the same action that is in a Howa.

If you can find one in 25/06, 270win, 280 rem,30/06 all you have to do is screw a custom
barrel on it. and if you find one in 280rem then you are good to go.

I prefer the Remington for the reasons you stated, but the Vanguard is a great rifle at
a great price.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.