what 260 rem

TheFishBox

I am looking to get a 260 rem for my long range practice rifle. I am looking at two different rifles and was wanting some opinions. The first choice is the savage 260 lrp, and number 2 is getting a nw actionworks barreled action. Does anyone have experience with either of these two? I like the idea of the nw one since I can have a few extras done to it like fluting, muzzle brake, and maybe cerakote.

Well I have the Savage LRP in the 6.5 Creed and love it. It comes with a fluted barrel. It has made several 5 round 1/4 MOA groups and many many many 3 shot .1 MOA groups. Doubt if a custom rifle would do any better, with me shooting anyway...

Custom barrels are nice though. That's really what you are getting with the NW Action Works rifle. You really don't need a break with a Savage LRP. Not unless you just like to annoy the guy beside you. LOL

I have a Savage LRP in 260. With over 1000 rounds down the tube it is still shooting sub .25MOA. It does equally well with 142SMK, 140 Berger, or 140AMX. Shown is 43.7 gr H4831sc, 142 SMK, Fed 210 primer. I have a NF 8x32 Benchrest mounted and use it for 300 yard egg shoot competition. It a very heavy rifle but it sure shoots!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 19
I'm not a steady sub MOA shooter so most of my groups follow suit :) I had it out this morning and both groups at 300 yards were right at 1moa. I've shot a couple half moa groups at 450-650 yards but that is not the norm for me

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.